#1May 16th, 2005 · 01:00 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Everything Seems Fin
Score: 70.6%
Battle: 2005-08

This is another song I wrote for a song writer circle in April 2005 the topic was driving.It is my first attempt at open tuning,I had went to see Ellis Paul play at Hamilton College in Clinton NY about 3 weeks before I was asked to do the songwriting circle.He writes mostly in open and alternate tunings ,and I really like the sound of chords in open tuning so I thought why not give it a shot .this song is  in open D

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 29th, 2005 · 10:03 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
17 posts
Canada
nice song
it's a shame people are adding so many Vai type songs, i hate that, BUT... i like your kind of songs so awesome!
#3August 1st, 2005 · 08:00 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
re: Everything Seems Fin
I love the guitar and the beginning is really a steal!  It's like when you hear a song on the radio and just from the beginning, you don't wanna change the channel and hear th rest! It just keeps getting better as it goes. Two thumbs up!
#4August 1st, 2005 · 12:04 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Germany
i just can agree with the others!
the voice suits perfect with this agreeable style of music.
i really like it keep it like that!
#5August 1st, 2005 · 03:54 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
excellent

the only thing i have to say is that the tuning on the vocals could use some work. there's something to be said for casual vocals in a speaking style and overall your vocal technique seems solid and your voice is good... but there's a little desire i have to hear these lyrics sung a little more solidly... just practice it up

other than that it's beautiful... i love this style of music... acoustic guitar is perhaps one of my favorite sounds in the world and open tunings are so much fun...

your rhythm is great though...

I know some people hate being compared to others, but you remind me of Jerry Garcia... even your picture! lol

"sometimes you're a pain in the ass but you keep my car filled with gas"

lol! i love that line...
hehehe
#6August 1st, 2005 · 08:11 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Guitar recorded very well, and the voice sounds good.
#7August 2nd, 2005 · 05:34 AM
23 posts
Germany
the guitar sounds very good and the voice is good too. i like the song
#8August 2nd, 2005 · 06:03 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hot stuff...I have to agree though that the guitar sound is better than the vocal sound. A little less 'dry', with a stronger vocal track, some eq to enhance clarity and remove boominess, and slightly better compression would cure it i reckon.

To be honest, these mixing issues arent the important thing. Fantastic song
#9August 3rd, 2005 · 08:33 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
well
song form sounds really good

the beginning is definitely a very catchy little piece,
you make me want to hear the rest.

lyrics are sometimes cliche', and then they are sometimes really way out there.

sounds like you sacrifice continuity for rhyming.

AND DAMN!! i musta missed the bridge! 

needs a little work, maybe a more crisp vocal recording, but pretty good.

i love contrasting bridges, so i guess i thin the lyrics should make More sense, and the bridge should contrast a little more.

and I'm not a fan of fade outs, so i think it should be a ritardando with a nice slow chord strum to finish it off.

well ,that is way too much control, but those are my opinions.

good song.
#10August 6th, 2005 · 10:06 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
guitar is so fine. go ahead. you make it!
#11August 6th, 2005 · 11:23 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Great rhythm, love the sound of the guitar on this one.  Vocals could be just a bit better, but other than that, this is a good one.  I dig it!
#12August 13th, 2005 · 04:55 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
re: Everything Seems Fin
Hi,
I've just heard your song and I think it's pretty good - the quitar sound nice, there is no overdriven signal, etc. There is one thing that feels funny - there are moments you do not stay in tune when singing - is it just the way you sing, or did you do it on purpose?
Take care and good luck to you.
Jim
#13August 13th, 2005 · 09:15 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Hi JBP.I recorded it as a demo so I wouldn`t forget how the song went,it was just one take,I will record a better version eventually.Mark
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.