1 2

#1October 9th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Ireland
My Love

This song is not in a battle

Myself and a friend of mine started writing some songs recently, this is our first attempt at writing and recording. We recorded it in one take so try and see past the obvious mistakes that spending more time on it could fix. Enjoy!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 9th, 2006 · 01:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
good production on the vox, the guitar lacks a bit of brightness, or roominess - could do with a subtle stereo delay or doubling effect. same counts for the tambourine, or maybe it's because all the parts are panned dead center, so the tune has no stereo image, apart from the backing voc! BUT... but that's just the production side of things,

and I'm merely being as elaborate regarding that because this is your first upload, and you're live in the chat right now as I'm writing this

as for songwriting, effective! good chord progressions, good build-up, sensitive, though rocking aswell even though merely acoustic, keeps me listening, and looking forward to more of your work!

welcome to the amp!

PX (mod)
#3October 9th, 2006 · 01:58 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
First take
here are some people who thinks the one take recordings is not the best way to get a great tune, but i think they must hear this piece!!

sounds good, kaine.

about the song, it has a good harmony. i like it 

great job man, i want to hear more from you....
#4October 9th, 2006 · 02:03 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i really like this one i'll go into detale a bit later
#5October 9th, 2006 · 02:15 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Nothing wrong with this song    Sounds like your really singing from the heart. Nice vibrato. Well done.
#6October 9th, 2006 · 03:02 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
first song
u have a nice voice

the song is well costructed too.......
great song

wellcome to the amp
#7October 9th, 2006 · 03:59 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Ireland
For those who don't know, its our first time uploading a song. Thanks for all the comments, this is the kind of positive pressure we need.

Cheers all!
#8October 9th, 2006 · 07:14 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
Cool
hey, good song. good voice.
#9October 9th, 2006 · 07:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Welcome...
Well, you have certainly come in with a decent song....  You should always come in with crappy stuff, so people don't expect much... then WOW them... hahaha.....

Seriously though, this is really good... I disagree with eveything PX said, except that one part... oh and that other part too....  Oh and he is kind of right about that other thing as well...  so, Anyway...  

Welcome to the Amp, and Can't wait to hear much more!

JimK(mod)
#10October 9th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
this is my new favorite song on the amp. Good job.

The guitar doesn't seem..full enough. It seems hollow, and that could be both the settings on the guitar and the mix. I don't know how to describe it, but its like it's playing inside a glass case or something.

The vocal recording is fantastic, some of the best I've heard in a while, and I really love this chord structure. I'm really looking forward to hearing more.
#11October 10th, 2006 · 04:41 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Ireland
Thanks again guys, its official, this is my new favorite site, if i keep going the way i am I may have to pay Betty ford a visit!!

I know what u mean about the guitar sound, I would prefer deeper tones myself. If i get a chance Ill work on it.
Thanks again for the comments, keep them coming.
Cheers!!
#12October 10th, 2006 · 02:20 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
guess you recorded the guitar plugged directly in the mixer (if you use one). Thats why the sound is bit thin. Cause a guitar works with another impedance. You can make a bigger sound in the computer by using an amp simulation. There are several for free.

there is a good practice on the vocals. would like to hear more of you. a wonderful piece.
#13October 11th, 2006 · 01:55 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Ireland
Thanks Triton,
is there a particular type of amp simulation that u recommend? if so where do i get it?
#14October 12th, 2006 · 12:11 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
i was goin like ok, nice song blah blah....until you started singing...you're voice is DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!! it reaallly made it more than just 'nice'

THis is an impressive effort, first song or not. and its a one-take! wow.

keep it up!!!
#15October 14th, 2006 · 12:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Ireland
Thanks again guys for the positive comments, the feedback has been really great, its made us think about recording on a more regular basis which is something we just talked about alot.

keep 'em coming!!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.