#1October 8th, 2006 · 03:52 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Like You Do
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-10

Me and the wrestler broke up. This is for him, but I havn't decided if I want him to hear it or not.
Something went wrong when I was uploading from my computer on to this one from my mp3 player. It sorta skips a bit I think, Hmmm.

(V1)
He said, Whats up?
I said the sky and birds and clouds and things.
He said, Why so closed up?
Well you'd shut your mouth if you were me.
He bought me a whisky,
He bought me a beer,
And said all the things that I wanted to hear,
And he was,
So beautiful...

(C)
But he's not you.
He doesn't do it like you do.
He's not built like you.
He doesn't make *.....* like you do.
(You doooo.) Do you miss me yet do you miss me?
(You doooo.) Do you miss me yet do you miss me yet, do you?

(V2)
You said, You love me,
I said it too.
The difference is,
I meant it, but saying it wont make it true.
I met a boy the other night. he think he's,
Pretty cool.
But I think he's nothing special,
Cause he's not a bit,
Like Yooooouuuu.

(C)
But he's not you.
He doesn't do it like you do.
He's not built like you.
He doesn't make *.....* like you do.
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. (Do you miss me? I bet you do?)(Rpt)
If you want to, I'll play by your rules.
If  you forgive me, I'll mend your broken heart.
Woooah.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 8th, 2006 · 05:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes there seem to be some clicks and pops throughout the track, but not actually skipping... Some of the instruments are way to the back, which is too bad I think. That's some kind of sax sound in the back there? if not it should be better audible. Perhaps the bass instrument is too midi sounding, I'd have tried an upright bass sound, the bassline is excellent for that. Would give it a more bluesy-jazz feel, which fits the "whiskey" line much better. Some of the vocal harmonies invoke images of 1920's Detroit jazz clubs.

Other than that it's very kind of you to write a song like this (plea for forgiveness) ofcourse, prevention is much better than the cure, but I'm not going into social commenting here. Still I wish a (long gone) ex of mine would have been more like you. even if only for creative talents

so in the end, the mix needs some work, the rest is pretty OK. I'd keep this as a special B side though, not released as a single or even appear on a commercial album, because of lyrical subject (very personal & specific, not for the knickers line you blanked out )
#3October 8th, 2006 · 05:26 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The running bass makes the song very dark. I find the way you perform your lyrics extraordinary. The ending is bit abrupt like this:  .........................................................
#4October 8th, 2006 · 11:32 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
yeah it is definitely a cool hearfelt song.....that will somehow not fit on something commercial.

Doenst mean its not good.

#5October 10th, 2006 · 07:34 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Damn you PD.

You voice is an instrument.

Seriously, you could make a living just being a singer and nothing else...but you have a great amount of tune composing talent as well! Good job once again. Though, as I usually say, it could probably use a kick to make it exciting.

(In comes massively distorted [Big Muff Pedal, probably] guitar) ....Sorry, I've been listening to too much Old Green Day lately lol :-p

Overall, a very from-the-heart, emotional song. 1.7 thumbs up :-D
#6October 10th, 2006 · 07:36 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Wow, I did not read the lyrics 'till now. w00t w00t, PD is ouuuuuuuttt there lol
#7October 10th, 2006 · 08:11 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i love you
you should come to the us and just marry me... you really should. zach is right you should really go enternational and all that great stuff that way i could say " i knew her when" and that i was your first #1 groupie! yay!

but any way... these lyrics made me laugh, and im sorry for it, but it did. simply because of the word "knickers" heh, we dont call them thta. at least i dont. but yes. any ways its good to hear your voice again kid, i missed you, and the amp was getting old because no one was posting new stuff that was even worth a damn. good stuff my dear. now make MORE.

love
the other doll
#8October 11th, 2006 · 04:00 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
This is a great song!!  Very catchy and mainstream. I should be hearing this in a cool coffe shop or bookstore. I love it!! Awesome voice and great harmonies.
#9October 11th, 2006 · 05:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Like You Do
love this .................... using criteria guide to rating songs i give hot vote
#10October 11th, 2006 · 06:14 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Great song..I like the emotions it conveys, lyrics are well written...the vocals are very nice for the most part, but I am hearing what sounds like some wrong notes between the harmonies in the chorus...you've probably noticed that already - tighten them up abit and you'll have a brilliant song 
#11October 14th, 2006 · 05:02 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Very good song, the lyrics are well thought out.  I like the harmonizing throughout the song.  Great job!
#12October 14th, 2006 · 05:44 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
You doooo

Very nice....was humming this all day at work Friday.
#13October 25th, 2006 · 05:25 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good stuff Porcelain - I like the mix, the subtle sounds of the other instruments work well to create a very laid back sort of solomn mood..... it suits the lyrical content really well.
Your voice, as ever, is a treat on its own.
Nicely constructed
A few minor hiccups with the recording (it almost sounds like you had a couple of under-runs in the recording process with the clicking - perhaps you need to increase the DMA buffer size on your sound card?) but that's not a real major issue.

#14November 5th, 2006 · 03:03 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Good to hear a walking bass line for a change. I would relpace the 2nd knickers with "he didn't make me * --- * like you do" but you are the artist not me. Glad to see your still writing. MastHouse.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.