#1October 7th, 2006 · 06:41 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Bachenwald

This song is not in a battle

This is really a break from my standard type of writing, it's a classical piece that I tried to make sound a bit like bach. Initially it was just really fast organ riffs, but I got a little carried away and replaced the organ with strings and obnoxious brass sounds.

It's a little repeditive, but it has some variation at the end.

I hope you like it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 8th, 2006 · 05:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
is it really a classical piece? I can see this tune definately in a computer game. The instruentation is well chosen and the mix brilliant. Why is it called Bachenwald? What is the meaning? I dont like the tempo change.
#3October 8th, 2006 · 05:24 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
midi organ versus midi strings
the organ works better in midi - but!!! this is a really good construction! fantasy game music - I feel like speeding in a coach along a brittle mountain path while storm and rain and thunder gather round the Count's castle...

The brass sounds are great! Obnoxious indeed! like they should be... great work, too bad about the midiness of some of the strings. Won't be too bothersome in a fantasy game though
#4October 8th, 2006 · 11:41 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
oh yeah....sounds very much like a fantasy game music score....

i can almost hear the swords clashing and the voices in between........

but it is pretty good anyways.
#5October 8th, 2006 · 06:44 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
hmm, all of my friends say it sounds like video game as well...I guess I've been playing a few too many lately.

The name "bachenwald" derives from the fact that I intended to write a Bach-like organ piece at first. Then I decided that it sounded like the kind of thing you would hear in some kind of fantasy movie in some deep dark forest, so I added "wald" (forest in german) to the end. It was then "Bach Wald", which sounded weird, so I added the "en" for good measure.

The synth I used is derived from midi, so its no surprise that it sounds cheezy and fake. I should experiment with the instrumentation a bit more.
#6October 9th, 2006 · 03:29 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
u said it

this really and i mean reallllllllllly complicated midi writing

for a 16 year old

hmmmm
#7October 9th, 2006 · 03:37 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
i like this, rather than computer game music i would say it sound more like cradle of filth or some goth metal band, just without the screaming and drums and guitars! some ahh auhhs vox over the top might sound cool.
well done though, this must have takin friggin ages to make.
#8June 9th, 2007 · 01:49 AM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
briliant
Powerful!  Awesome arangement.  Very fantasy game-ish, as people are saying, and it reminds me of some of the Lord of the Rings scores.

I'm not too keen on the tempo changes, maybe if they were slightly differently done...though I'm not sure how.  And when it goes quiet I think it goes a little too quiet.

Other than those two things, awesome work!
#9June 9th, 2007 · 08:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Definitely a change from your norm!
Wow! Peter and the Wolf on Acid ! Lol
Not really, a totally amazing piece of music more like it!

Your only 16? double WOW! That you were a talented song maker I knew, but this takes you into the realms of super geniuses!
A VERY amazing creation; the slow down : could have softened the notes as they slow down  ?? That it's like a game? Lara maybe? More like an exiting film score!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 4:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.