#1October 2nd, 2006 · 12:29 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
The Louvre

This song is not in a battle

Acoustic with vocals, a departure for me... One guitar track until solo, where two guitars play.
Lemme know what you think, and please rate!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 2nd, 2006 · 01:16 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Really bluesy - great! I love the way you recorded it- simplicity is the key in blues. I reckon it might have been a better mix, compression bla bla bla, but it sounds great just the way it is!!!
And the vocals - niiiiice! I'm getting envious... you used your voice very well - some parts are sung in a more gentle way then other which makes it really interesting to listen to.

Now..... to be honest obviously I'd love to hear this as a 1 or 2 verse  introduction to some heavy blues along with drums bass and whatever comes into the genre. i realize you may not have a chance to lay down a drum track etc that's why I am happy with the way it is - sounds great!! well done, Mr.

Oh, and did you intend to change tempo in the middle of the song? or is it due to the nature of playing the guitar?

PS. Is it a fart at the end? 2:09 haha?
#3October 2nd, 2006 · 03:15 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
great little blues song..sounded like the lead guitar part was panned far right...maybe could've been centred a little more.  Vox are great.  I agree with JPB that some drums and bass would add nicely to this.
#4October 2nd, 2006 · 03:31 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
I intended to change tempo as freely as I felt I should.... (kind of a Napoleon Dynamite answer... "I do what I feel like...gosh!")

Same goes for the solo on the right hand side... it was about 75-25... I wanted it to sound like two guitarists jammin on either end of a small room...

As for "compression, bla bla bla," PLEEEEEEASE tell me the "bla bla bla"! I used a compressor and a low end boost... but that was all guesswork.... any suggestions?
#5October 2nd, 2006 · 05:12 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
leVee wrote…
any suggestions?

Yes. I think you need to fatten up the guitar sound. If you feel like doing it let me have the guitar track (separate mp3) sent to my email address - jbp26@wp.pl and i'll try and do sth with it and will let you know exactly what i did to it. ok?
#6October 2nd, 2006 · 06:52 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Might I say...
The change in tempo is, Like my good freind Buckweat says, " O-TAY!"...  So now to the song,

dude, I am sooo jealous.... This rocks man.....   Sounds awesome....   Makes me wanna go to texas too... I am going that way, to become an astronaut at Nasa, with Micosis, maybe we will swing by and visit your oil field.. 

JimK

#7October 2nd, 2006 · 09:59 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Lmao ouch, grew up in nebraska... cool song dude
#8October 3rd, 2006 · 02:37 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
jbp
jbp, i sent you the rythm guitar track, the solo track, and both on one track...

thanks for the help!
#9October 4th, 2006 · 05:11 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I've tried to spice up the track. Have a look at things I've done to it at:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Recording/35419.html

or check your e-mail.
Hope that helps!
Jim
#10October 4th, 2006 · 09:36 AM
3 posts
United States of America
i like it lil blues, funk and even new style jack johnson type solos, and off beat tempo. i admit i was tapping my foot a bit
#11October 7th, 2006 · 08:04 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice, simple, well sung and well played.
I'm not keen on the tempo change at the start though!

I'd love to hear the adjusted track that JBP has done - any chance?
#12November 16th, 2006 · 10:25 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
great! tnx for sharing jack
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.