#1September 29th, 2006 · 11:30 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Make it up to You
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 8 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-10

Came from a long vacation overseas and brought back a bad cold and cough...Just showing my "face" so to speak to let you know I haven't died. It's been awhile since I've updated.  The quality of recording I know isn't the greatest, but it is from my back catalog of analog cassette recording (you know, prehistoric era-smile). Anyways, I hope you enjoys it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 1st, 2006 · 12:04 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
WOW! Soothing, very nice...I hit play and forgot about it until I realized it had stopped! It made my emotions wash away. So yeah, I'd say go ahead and rerecord it immediately, because I LOVE it.
#3October 1st, 2006 · 12:50 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
OMG
yeah the recording is a bit to the bad saide...

but the song itself is woooooooooow! man the song is so nice! ur vox is good! u should re-record this!!!!

love it!!!!!

LOVE IT!
#4October 1st, 2006 · 05:11 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
it's a great song, no doubt! love your vocal work, great intensity of the mood in here. The roughness of the production (is that someone hitting a snare drum in the beginning? where was this recorded? sounds like a live thing somehow) adds to the atmosphere... I can easily hear what it should sound like if this was done as a full studio production.

gee you have talent. Drop by more often!!
#5October 1st, 2006 · 05:51 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
its beautiful...i listened again....

was the stuff in he beginning intentional? i think its good, sounds like u just sat dwn with ur guitar and shuffled with papers.

btw pls dont give up....

#6October 3rd, 2006 · 11:58 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
hey...i realised that this song was echoing in my head for the past few days...

bcuz its a beautiful song...

#7October 3rd, 2006 · 10:10 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Thnx
Thanks for the praise.  Definitely going to study making my voice even better and my recordings worth listening too. Wow. I've become the song in someone's head

Thanks for all of your support
#8October 7th, 2006 · 07:38 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great vocals - dodgy guitar tuning - awful recording!

This song could be fantastic, but it needs to be recorded properly, and the instrumental backing will have to go some way to be as good as the vocals.

#9October 7th, 2006 · 09:20 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Disclaimer...
I should have elaborated more in my description of this song.  This was basically a recording off of a recording...I'll explain. (And maybe you can help me out).  I bought this Belkin cable to connect to my stereo after discussing with one of the creative staff at Mac store a week ago.  They said I could use Garage Band using this cable to read as if it were connected to a MIDI instrument.  Unfortunately, foresight was not available at the time and when I applied what he told me I realized to my chagrin a failing in my asking for help.  The cable had a phono jack and not a UBS input jack ;( So how to record?...I plan to leave my phone number so they can help me "live" but perhaps there's no help but to return the cable for something more compatible?...So basically what I was trying to do was make an MP3 out of old cassettes. If you heard the cassette live, you'd think differently about the quality. So, think about the old days before technology is today:

Basically, it's like trying to record songs off the radio using a tape recorder up to the speakers....hahahaah. As far as guitar tuning, I use a guitar tuner, and it sounds fine. Perhaps it gets warped in my tapes.

ANways, that's explaining or maybe rationalizing the poor quality of the recording. But thanks for the input either way.

And trust me, don't think I'm satisfied with my skills. This is another reason why I might have "musician's block"
#10October 16th, 2006 · 08:18 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
I like rough recordings, I think they give a real vibe.  This song has a lot of feeling, your voice is very beautiful.  Great job!
#11October 16th, 2006 · 11:32 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
I like the song too, but agree that the guitar needs some tuning and the recording quality is lacking. Nice voice! Did you figure out what was wrong? Did you have noduals on your vocal chords???
#12October 17th, 2006 · 04:54 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Re: recording
I knew ahead of time the recording wasn't going to be great. This is from a tape playing on my stereo which was recorded via plain and simple a built in mic. So, obviously, I wasn't posting the song for recording quality (so then I guess I shall get myself out of the battle coz it seems moot at this point).  As for the voice that was a year ago, again dated from the tape I saved and archived in my ol' entertainment room.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and the criticisms.
#13October 17th, 2006 · 12:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, when entering a battle it does help to have a good production quality, but musicality is more important. we don't all have all the nifty gear to get our stuff produced perfectly, just as we don't all have equal songwriting capability. I think you scored very big on the latter.
#14October 30th, 2006 · 06:20 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Work in progress
The reverb is too high.  The recording is too loud (poor mix).  The singer has heart and is hiting the notes.  She would work better with another guitar player.
#15October 30th, 2006 · 11:36 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Thank you....
Thanks for the insights...Please keep in mind, I don't mean to insult those who've made their criticisms. Perhaps I should only post quality recordings, but my intention for this post was simply sharing the song. I know the recording quality is not up to par. I admitted that, since it basically was off a tape from my stereo (which might account for the reverb) where the sound I simply recorded off from the speakers onto the built in mic...Because of this confusion, I plan not to post anymore songs until I can remedy my recording problems. I have yet to find the time...Also, I was hurting much for not singing for months and not posting so I relied on a tape recorded last year just for all your feedbacks about the content of the song.... If I were an outsider to this recording, my post would have been:

"Great song but hard to tell what you intended in terms of recording quality. If you wanted to post to share the feeling of the song, thanks. If you wanted to post to hear about recording, keep improving."
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.