#1September 23rd, 2006 · 09:01 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Shattered

This song is not in a battle

Hi there, after a long retreat I'm back.
I went mad and brought this piece of thrashy trashy music a made.
I need to catch up with tones of new stuff in here.
Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 23rd, 2006 · 10:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Progressive rock. Cool stuff man. Like it..... I played some dirty organ notes to it. Sounds great for me. But nothing to post on here.

Good luck
#3September 23rd, 2006 · 04:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey, nice to see you're back - I wondered where you went.

nice nice prog rock tunage - you should spend some time on the mix though - panning things apart, adding some subtle effects, compressing the hell out the master mix - it will fatten things up big time.

But that said, it's a pretty cool song. Missing some lyrics but I guess it's the groove that counts, and that one's working well for sure.

So well done!
#4September 23rd, 2006 · 08:56 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks, i know what you're saying Puppet, but it's moslty jamming around on some bases that popped up in mind while trying some dirty effects. I didn't bother mixing it properly.
Good to be back! I just took a break I'll try to keep up now...but you, you really do the job, ha...cheers
#5September 23rd, 2006 · 10:07 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
awesome guitar work and effects. Great rhythm and time signature.

My only complaint is that the drums are a little...fake. But I think I'm being a little hypocritical when it comes to that point.
#6September 28th, 2006 · 08:47 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I had to bring this back to the top cause it was left too far behind.
In an appeal to get more critiques, might not work anyway.

I believe there's too many uploads per day, there should be some sort of quota.
This way majority of songs fade off without being heard by most users.

Besides every time I login it's not that I've got time and will to listen to 15 or more new songs (which some of them are 8 mins long)...therefore I fail to listen to most of them and may be missing something good.
It's my point of view, does anyone agree with it? maybe I should have posted in a different forum but...well...here I was.
#7September 29th, 2006 · 12:15 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
eh... I don't agree with that. how would it feel to be the odd one out and not be able to upload your song... also, it would decrease usage. if there are fifteen songs being uploaded a day and you enforce a quota of ten, that's five songs a day that are going down the toilet and not coming back, until the uploads slow down, which could be anywhere from days to weeks to months to...... if you can't upload your song, what's the point of sticking around?

besides, unless a billion users just posted, you're once again at the top of the list...

anyway.

cool song. yeh mix could use some work. nice anyway. great guitar playing. really great...

I like that one repeating riff. doesn't really get too repetitive. like said, some panning wouldn't hurt.

to be critical, the backing guitars could use some more crunch. just some tweaks on the eq.

but... back to the guitar now. beautiful. this is music.
#8September 29th, 2006 · 01:47 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your feedback.

Well...don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting to restrict the site, I actually like it a lot. My frustration goes on to being unable to keep up with all the material being uploaded and many songs staying way behind without most people being able to listen to. You miss a week and it's impossible to check them all.
I mean it appears unfair to me that a song like "america fuck off" has been on top of the list for days and days not particularly because many people liked it, or its great musical and lyrical qualities, it's just that it was controversial.

On the other hand, what if all of a sudden 100 people login one day and upload 1 song each, the whole thing collapses, how can you manage that?
I wish there were thousands of users from all around the globe, but then the site should be divided into categories, types of music, etc. otherwise it would be impossible to listen to what it's into your interests.
I don't like certain types of music but can't find out what I'm going to hear beforehand, and it's very time consuming.
#9September 29th, 2006 · 12:16 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Well I do agree 100% on the "America Fuck Off" song. Just because it's no longer about the song. It's just a political discussion and should be moved to a different forum at the least...
#10September 29th, 2006 · 12:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
takaminerbb13 wrote…
Well I do agree 100% on the "America Fuck Off" song. Just because it's no longer about the song. It's just a political discussion and should be moved to a different forum at the least...

may I ask what u two are discussing here? is this about the song called "shattered" or is it about something else?
#11September 29th, 2006 · 01:26 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Well...you are right PuppetXeno...somehow I'm doing exactly what I'm critizicing. Indeed I shoukd shift this over to a different forum and will do...I wish everyone did the same though, I just wanted to make a point. Because that happens all the time.
In the meantime I keep my song on top..ja 
#12September 30th, 2006 · 01:20 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
cool 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.