#1September 20th, 2006 · 04:54 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
Finland
Stain - album edit.

This song is not in a battle

From our second demo, this is the "album"-version of "Stain" and thus also has an intro added to it. hope you get more out of this.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 20th, 2006 · 08:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Wonderful!!!!
Guess you're always famous in Finland, right?
Even the screaming voices are well produced. You can hear every instrument. Performance is great even the production. Good music but not my style though....
I'll vote very high
#3September 20th, 2006 · 09:58 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
It's hard to judge songs on bandamp sometimes because of the great differences in styles and quality. Some absolute beginners post their first attempts at songwriting here;some weekend warriors post their 2 minute noodles here; some seriously demented people  post
their dreams and nightmares here some really professional, truly marketable talents post here. Each of these  BandAmp "genres" requires its own set of parameters when judging.

You obviously fall into the last category and when voting, I have to compare you to other entries in your genre, so the standards are higher for you guys.

First off, great job by everybody. Drums are well played and recorded and nice and tight with the bass player
guitars are too.

B section chord changes are cool (thanks for that) and the solo has a pretty nice tone - very woody.

Weird melody but I like it.

I'm not sure where the screaming-demon vocals fit in. They seem un-necessary  in this song, like an affectation.

Production and mix are excellent although IMO the vocals could be a little wetter. That's just personal taste, though. This really is a good mix.

You guys are really tight. you must be great live!
it's always a thrill to hear music this well done on the Amp.
I'm giving you 90% for kicking ass on this one.
#4September 20th, 2006 · 04:12 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
the only thing I could criticise is the male voice at about 2:30 (?).  I do like the screaming and for my taste the lead vox is perfect as it is.

Another high vote from me.

(my 17 year old brother things you rock  )
#5September 20th, 2006 · 08:52 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
I can do the screaming, but it doesn't fit so well im not sure why because this is the type of song I would expect to hear it in.

Great quality, you can hear everyone and I'm glad the screaming doesn't dominate the whole sound when there is screaming because I like to hear all the different parts. Lol i like the random ending... Not sure if someone acidentally hit their string or not but i do like it. Cool Song!
#6September 21st, 2006 · 01:05 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm... I'm in a bit of a quandary here. Since I've been a member here, this is the closest thing to what I would term as 'my style' that I've heard. I guess you're here more for market research purposes than for help with production etc since this is clearly a professional recording and is lacking for nothing in that department.

And so to my quandary... I like the style, like the feel, you've hit the nail on the head as regards a song in this genre... but I can't hear anything that really excites me- nothing new. This is very derivative of many bands from a few years back and I'm a little disappointed to say that this is severely lacking for originality.

I hope I'm not sounding too harsh here- and don't get me wrong, you're very good at what you do and you've crafted a very professional sound that could/ would probably do well if released mass-market- but, personally speaking, I wouldn't buy this record because I feel like I'd be buying nothing I haven't already got in my music collection.

One man's opinion and all that, but, speaking as a fan of this genre, this doesn't grab my attention. Sorry.

(BTW Listened to your other tune, 'Away from the Sun' . I was definitely more taken by that one. That's a better showpiece for you IMO. I'll be keeping an eye out for more of your stuff )
#7September 23rd, 2006 · 03:38 PM
15 posts
Belgium
I really love the vocals at(1.10) you can hear the instrumentals very well what's hard to receive with this kind of music at least with my band it is. Keep on working like you're doing it sounds very nice
#8September 24th, 2006 · 05:12 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
It sounds really good!! great guitars and loved the depth of the bass, the melody is great as well...just the voice sounds a bit popish for the style in my view. In the beginning reminded me to stuff like jefferson starship.
All in all, very good overall result....cheers
#9September 24th, 2006 · 05:33 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
ktartandude wrote…
Hmmm... I'm in a bit of a quandary here. Since I've been a member here, this is the closest thing to what I would term as 'my style' that I've heard. I guess you're here more for market research purposes than for help with production etc since this is clearly a professional recording and is lacking for nothing in that department.

And so to my quandary... I like the style, like the feel, you've hit the nail on the head as regards a song in this genre... but I can't hear anything that really excites me- nothing new. This is very derivative of many bands from a few years back and I'm a little disappointed to say that this is severely lacking for originality.

I hope I'm not sounding too harsh here- and don't get me wrong, you're very good at what you do and you've crafted a very professional sound that could/ would probably do well if released mass-market- but, personally speaking, I wouldn't buy this record because I feel like I'd be buying nothing I haven't already got in my music collection.

One man's opinion and all that, but, speaking as a fan of this genre, this doesn't grab my attention. Sorry.

(BTW Listened to your other tune, 'Away from the Sun' . I was definitely more taken by that one. That's a better showpiece for you IMO. I'll be keeping an eye out for more of your stuff )

totally agree with ktartandude. certain blends and spices can be added which will make it sound 'original'.

you are one one of my favorite artist on the amp, certainly hitting the right notes and style of music.

i would prefer the screams more audible 

keep it up looking to hear more of you stuff
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.