In and out room to room face through face
maybe one day  a face will stay the same

Isabella

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 19th, 2006 · 05:32 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Cool vocals and lyrics. Like that. Go ahead with such music.
#3September 19th, 2006 · 01:28 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice again. Isabella has a great voice and this style suits it perfectly. Production on the vocals is top notch too.
I have a couple of points on the song itself- I very much like the style and the production seems good throughout. But, there's something about the bass drum that stands out for me, moreso at some points than at others. Don't know exactly what it is but it sounds a little too poppy (not as in 'pop' music but as in a popping sound). Could perhaps be too much attack in the EQ? I'm not knowledgable enough to say for sure but something about it bugs me a little.
As to the song structure, it's a mellow, laid-back tune for obvious reasons and it keeps ticking along nicely but I'm thinking that maybe towards the end (the last 'barely remembering...') maybe it could do with building up a little- perhaps bring that synth through a little stronger right there. Ending is cool, as is the song in general.
Overall, I like it. I loved your last one and this is not quite up to that in my view but stilll very good and worthy of a high vote.
Well done!
#4September 19th, 2006 · 02:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nice lyrics, though I don't truly understand them - - seems like someone feels a little detached from one's own identity and / or personality... not sure. maybe this is what happens in coffee shops but I have seen many, many from the inside - and whatnot. maybe one day I will understand better. then again I am someone who throws faces away like killing darlings in a creative process... so I will be gentle about it.

is this song a floatation device, or what? production wise things could be changed or added to make it more transparent, if you wish, but the decisions made make for a very lucid flashing here n there.

so that's what I have to say. yeh, it's getting a quite nice vote too from me, but not the all the way good
#5September 19th, 2006 · 03:42 PM
15 posts
Belgium
I love this kind of music just to lay back in your seats with some friends talk a little bit and enjoy the moment this is one of those songs who stimulates those feelings.Nice vocals nice instrumental the lyrics are well written cause its hard to find out what you try to say and for me thats a good lyric.My conclusion is that is a good song so keep on working this way
#6September 19th, 2006 · 03:58 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Funny....initially, I was a little distracted by some errant guitar notes...some slight production problems, and lyric content that left me a bit perplexed....however, all in all,  I really like this song. The vocals are quite expressive and full of character...the sparse instrumentation actually draws one into the song and the lyric content makes me think. This is one of those songs (for me) that I appreciate after the last notes fade away...If I'm not mistaken, that's possibly s sign of an effectively delivered piece of work!
#7September 19th, 2006 · 11:46 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
Thanks so much
Cheers mates,

The coffee shop song was inspired in Amsterdam, I know every tourist loves the red light district, I felt terrible, horrible. I spoke with a Chick that worked at the red light, near the nieuw-markt, and what she said was so f'ed up man, it inspired this song.

The coffee shop song is far from finished, it's the first rough mix, the drum track is a loop from Logic pro, I haven't yet started on the drum track, the vocal take was the first take, no punches, one take only, good omen :>

Cheers

Rod
#8September 20th, 2006 · 12:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow!...thanks for sharing the inspiration for the song! Even though I enjoyed the song without knowing this, I find the song suddenly took on a whole new dimension when I considered the subject at hand. The singer's tired, world-weary voice effectively portrays the beleaguered "sex worker" (they tell me that is the politically-correct term for that these days). Also, again, the rather soft, sparse instrumentation supports the intimacy of the song. I suspect it may be helpful to prompt the listener a bit more to the subject...perhaps through a title change (the association between the coffee shop and the red-light district may be a bit loose. The listener is likely to wonder "what about the coffee shop is so dreadful?"....)
#9September 29th, 2006 · 03:28 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
nice hangover music
haha, very pleasant, soothing, chillin music, nice work
#10September 29th, 2006 · 06:26 PM
2 posts
Canada
k for some reason this wont play on my computer, i downloaded it and wouldnt open in itunes
#11October 14th, 2006 · 04:58 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Great
Vocals are very crisp and beautiful.  I like the song a lot.
#12October 25th, 2006 · 04:46 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I agree with battlecat that knowing the inspiration for the song makes it that much more poignant.
This has a nice sound and a good feel to it, vocals are lovely.
The only thing that really lets down the overall sound for me is the drums - but then you say this is only a draft version and the drums are going to be changed, so that's being addressed anyhow.
I look forward to the final version.
Good work
#13October 31st, 2006 · 04:24 AM
14 posts
Denmark
sounds cool, there is a strange chemistry in this music, do you perform live?
#14November 1st, 2006 · 07:07 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Australia
I really like the vocals. It's so hard to find a female vocal that smoulders these days! A great song, man she sounds like Amiel, (stupid love song)? It's an Aussie song. Try to find it on Limewire or something, she's a great singer, and This song is very reminiscent of her vocals. Great lyrics too. Emotive. Like it a lot, keep it up. When does the album come out?
#15December 20th, 2008 · 07:29 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
Bluesey
This song sure speaks of reality. It is sad. It makes me want to take this person out of that place forever. Ladies need to be honoured so much more. I am sorry to hear of the pain and the same old same old. There is a way out of this kind of lifestyle if you want it. Very well sung. Good feeling and very bluesey...Have a great day...Thanks for sharing.....jgv
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.