#1September 13th, 2006 · 05:08 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Galaxy
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-10

Had this set of chords that I keep toying with in FL studio but never put into a song, so tonight I had some free time and finally did it.  Although its a chill kinda song, to appreciate all the instruments (there are 12 used at various points I think, excluding drums) you need a bit of volume in your headset. 

Its a shade under five minutes long, but just sit back, close your eyes, and let the music surround you.  It takes me somewhere different everytime I listen to it, so hopefully it'll do something for you too. 

There are a few minor problems I'm aware of but I won't point them out here.  Also, I'm aware it is simple, but I thought it was better that way...I tried adding a variety of different chord combinations after the pause in the middle but nothing I used fit...feel free to remix it if you have any better ideas.

Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 14th, 2006 · 12:10 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
41 posts
Indonesia
Nice Mood
This song has a nice Mood....

It'll sound much better by adding some more notes , i think....

Good Work

#3September 14th, 2006 · 01:20 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool sounds
I closed my eyes and what came to mind was one of those C.S.I  scenes were their in the lab and looking through the scopes or doing some of that kinda stuff.  i don't know just kinda reminded me of that. 

very cool sound though I like it.
#4September 14th, 2006 · 11:16 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
I like the piece but I have an issue with the timing somewhere with the main riff that the song starts off with. Sounds cool until the drums come in but then it kind of gets confusing to my ear. I think it may have to do with the settings for the delay/ echo on the sound not quite fitting with the timing of the cymbals. Perhaps it is just my ears- they're long past their warranty date

Other than that, a fine piece of music. Nice use of many different sounds but overall, perhaps a little repetetive- although, that said, the lack of dynamic does help to preserve the hypnotic feel of the music.
#5September 14th, 2006 · 12:23 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Ktartandude - I had not really thought about the echo effect in it's relation to the cymbals before, but I can kind of see what you mean.  In the final mix the echo effect is louder than it had been in editing where you dont notice it so much, which Im kind of annoyed with seeing as I can't edit it again cos Im using a demo still of FL studio till I have the money to buy the full program. 

Also, I wish I had a midi plug-in keyboard, becuase at the minute Im playing solely on my computer keyboard (rows "zxc..." and "qwert" are the white keys, rows "asdf.." and "1234..." the black ones) which limits the range that I can easily use.  I always seem to run out of keys when I want to kick a riff up a key.  Its doable by using the mouse and manually editing it in, but it never seems to flow as naturallly.  Otherwise I would probably have created many different variations of that bell sound you hear doing the faster riff at points in the song.
#6September 16th, 2006 · 09:21 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
cool man
This needs a rockin synth lead...Has the chords for a either a Ts404 bassline or a 3x0sc synth type line... doo it!
#7October 3rd, 2006 · 06:07 PM
2 threads
14 posts
Canada
Very mellow, very nice. I like the entry of the smaller sounds starting at 1:35. It's almost like soft vocals coming in. This would definitely have a great place in a lounge, or somewhere of the sort. There's also something soothing by the main part, I definitely have to say kudos to you.
#8October 4th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
nice....i agree with TekMasterLuke....definitely needs some rockin synth leads...

i like those...twinkly chimes....adds a nice touch.
#9October 4th, 2006 · 09:49 AM
3 posts
United States of America
starting off slow again then moving into the song. i would rather have a beat starting. something that grabs my attention then move into it. and the phaser in the beginning, it didn't fall into place that well there. i like the abstract type beats. very bjork type if i had to compare it to someone. another very good job.
#10October 4th, 2006 · 10:06 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
I considered putting a synth line in, but I really wanted to keep the chilled out vibe to it and I couldn't put a synth in and keep that, but feel free to remix this if you want. 

Altfour - good idea, I've never tried starting with a beat before so be sure to look for that on my next song.
#11October 7th, 2006 · 02:04 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
pretty decent...  I like it very much....  Very relaxed....

As for anything constructive, let me say just this..

It needs some soft bells, nothing too much, put way back in the mix, just soft, and barely audible...  it adds some ambience in the background.. it will fill it out some, and make a huge difference...

JimK
#12October 14th, 2006 · 12:25 AM
12 threads / 6 songs
36 posts
United States of America
GALLAXY
I agree with most here about the synth leads.  You have a foundation for a really interesting new age sound
I will be very interested in what you can do with this.
I noticed that the drums may be off a little but that could be the effect that is causing the delay.
Need some more chords in there to make it work I think     - Mark from GRUNTLED
#13October 23rd, 2006 · 08:36 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad.

Nice work.
#14October 26th, 2006 · 06:31 PM
hey niiice....
seems cool
the drums are a little off but other than that it's good
keep on it!!it'll be even more awesome!!!    
#15October 26th, 2006 · 06:46 PM
3 posts
United States of America
yeah this song is good.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.