It’s in the battle 2007-03

how 'bout a happy song?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2006 · 01:09 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
sounds like a happy song.
like the base a lot on this, loud and clear.
the construction of the song is great and the vox fits in good.
enjoyed this one.
#3September 6th, 2006 · 12:20 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
happy beatle-ish
#4September 6th, 2006 · 08:47 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Added it to my favourites, liked it. It is Beatle ish but your user name explicitly states that it is not!!!! So disregard that!    
#5September 7th, 2006 · 11:15 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
I really liked it, made my day seem brighter!
#6February 24th, 2007 · 05:32 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Clean and tight production
Things get rocking at :30, but then the organ solo sort of leaves me wanting something more...distinct. Everything else is great. Indy pop at it's best.
#7February 24th, 2007 · 07:31 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland

Disagree. It may be rooted in the beatles tradition but it is more a britpop song.
Sometimes I wonder why people look at 'beatles-ish' songs in a negative way ( I am not sure what Triton meant,  though) - it takes a special kind of talent to do it.

Anyway - great one. I love the way you recorded it. How did you do it? Home studio or a pro studio?
#8February 25th, 2007 · 05:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
My comment was related to the nickname "NotTheBeatles". It has nothing to do with any kind of music made by "The Beatles" although this band made a new character of music in the sixties.
Therefore this song could be seen as a new character in the early millenium 40 years after "The Beatles". And if this song may sound in ones ears beatle-ish then the listener's time stood still for 40 years.
The only real comment I could give is that the recording quality is so fresh that many BandAmpers must have a look at it. To me it's the measure point of publications.
#9February 25th, 2007 · 08:24 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
re: Boomerang
NotTheBeatles wrote…
how 'bout a happy song? ;)

YES YES YES  That's what i'm talking about.  Lovely song, constructed well, nice singing and playing ...... good in all areas.  How was it recorded?  Sounds Super-Pro !!!  Oh and there is nothing wrong with The Beatles (still under-rated even now !!!)  Maybe a bit unfair to call this "britpop", this has a quality that would probably pass them guys by.  I'd say probably too happy and fairly mellow for it to be called "britpop" - (I hate that word !!!).  I vote and rate this up in the 90's.

Was left wondering, "What do their other songs sound like?"

Lovely job !!!
#10February 25th, 2007 · 08:52 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words about this one.  It was recorded in a professional studio, hastily done, though, because the owner's also a friend of mine and I couldn't pay him what he normally gets.  Probably if I had to do it now I would leave out the MIDI flute backing up the a cappella vocals and maybe get three different singers to do it.  Otherwise I am really happy with the way it sounds.

I don't mind it when anyone calls my songs Beatle-ish: I consider it a compliment!  I can see how this one, being happy, especially reminds one of Paul McCartney.  Hopefully other influences are apparent in my songs, like Mozart maybe? 

It's a bit of a stretch, though, Bowlieboy, to call the Beatles (or Mozart, for that matter) under-rated, I think 
#11February 25th, 2007 · 03:51 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
this is excellent
I love your voice in this ..   the music is well written  this song  has great energy   I love the vocal break  top notch .  I love the line  keep our feet on the ground ,,easy to say  ect.  feel like flying  when your around...  that is a fantanstic hook.
 ... I like the fact that you didn't "fix" everything  give it a intimate feel to it.

gets  high vote
#12January 19th, 2011 · 08:55 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
United States of America
I feel like I'm a little late to the party with this, but I really like this song.  Very catchy hooks, it's been in my mind for the last couple of days.  And quality is great, sounds like something I would hear on local radio.  I will be listening to this often.  Thanks for sharing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.