Battle: 2006-10

tell me what you think

my favorite part is 3:03 "maybe I'm gone..."

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Awesome...bass is poundin creating a real nice vibe....vox are good, soloing is great....ah who am I kidding, This is another hit for the amp  collection. Well me personally my fav is right when you say burn and the following instrumentation. great work as always Taka.
#3September 4th, 2006 · 05:28 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Great tune, and I have to agree with Basketcase on the favourite part.  Only thing I would maybe change is the balancing, but get some more opinions on that cos it may just be my headphones putting out too much bass.  Great job tho.
#4September 4th, 2006 · 05:43 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Woo-hoo!
GoGo Taka!

erm, yeah. Well, i don't think you need any critic because all your songs are so perfect when we finally get to see a new one like this 

My favorite part is that violin around 3 minutes. Really great violin player you are.

I voted
#5September 4th, 2006 · 05:55 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Hah!
Another great jammy. This is very contemplative stuff; something I'm not really good at. I'm always impressed with your songs and can't really find any objective criticisms to make. The only thing I notice about your music, other than it's great , is that your singing style is a whisper. Do you ever do harder stuff ? It would be cool to hear you yell ! BTW Dude, where do you live? East coast , West coast or in the middle?
#6September 4th, 2006 · 06:04 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
thanks all.

Alerion - about the vox, it's funny you should say that, because I originally tried to sing this song with a harder feel to it, but I really didn't like the way my voice sounded. I think I could probably get it to sound the way I want with practice.. but it's just not there right now. I'll work on it though.

and, I'm in central. St Louis area. though I also spend a lot of time out east.
#7September 4th, 2006 · 07:05 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Whenever I hear something I enjoy listening to, I am amazed at how people continue to use a limited number of music notes to create new idiosyncratic pieces of music. How is that possible? One word - Fabulous! To be honest, the chorus reminds me a bit Free As A Bird by The Breatles (or J Lennon if you like it that way) as it uses a similar chord structure. Apparently you must be thinking in the way Lennon was thinking, which is nothing else than an exceptional touch of genius. I think it's a complement enough, is it?

Greetings to you!
#8September 4th, 2006 · 07:19 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Burn
vocal pan is quite breathtaking
lovely......................progression really nice
the heavy use of pan is preventing lock of my brain onto lyrics until the chorus
............... violin a nice touch
cool

got my vote

wot was that about!!!!!  lol

splash
the fish
#9September 4th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
re: re: Burn
swordfish wrote…
the heavy use of pan is preventing lock of my brain onto lyrics until the chorus

Agree 100%. Great effect but at a price. Off to bed now....
#10September 4th, 2006 · 07:25 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Man you always amaze mw with the maturity of your work, and you're taking one step forward your ideas in each song.  Your sound is getting more "complex in it's simplicity"...

voted...
#11September 4th, 2006 · 07:55 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
i guess we can all agree...
you're gonna go far if you want to, taka!

yes, I also like the violin (both parts, actually) and the guitars and the vocals - the softness works well

it's true I've no clue what it's about, but that might just be me, not the panning... 

I'm voting 100%
#12September 4th, 2006 · 08:12 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
been away for a while
hey Tak,
I remember you, and more importantly your music.
Great Song all around, wish I had the time and diversity to put together stuff like your.

Love you lead breaks  (jam band style)

Jimbo
#13September 5th, 2006 · 12:50 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Amazing transfer of emotion and it is an ambiance unto itself.  Beautiful use of effects.  I envy your ability to balance, bridge and close it out so smoothly.  Great writing, recording and playing.    You are truly a gifted artist.
#14September 8th, 2006 · 06:23 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
thanks all!
#15September 8th, 2006 · 08:30 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
I agree with ashary  I downloaded this after I heard the first 15 sec. of it I can't believe how beautiful the acoustic guitar is did u use FL by any chance?  the back beat really ties the melody to vox

...WOW
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.