#1September 4th, 2006 · 04:30 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Burning Within
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

Hmmmmmmm, let me see. This is loud,aggressive and obnoxious.(says the wife) Everything I look for in a tune. Anyways I wanted to make another punk song since my last couple were all mellow.The clean guitar riff in the break is actually a couple of my buddies riff that they would jam out to around the fire at their backyard get togethers..so it has sentimental value and I used to love hearing them play over it.... so  I just had to use it.This is 100% effect free, just plugged the guitar,bass, and mic in and let it rip.Then I adjusted the levels after I recorded everything. I didn't create the drums this time I used some loops I found.

Feel free to tell me you hate it.... or if you like it

Burning Within

I feel this rage inside of me, eating my inner lining
continuously feeding, consuming the man I used to be
Weakened by our society, dictating to me
digesting my  hopes   smashing my fuckin dreams

Chorus

It stops today if we all stand up
Come on everybody fight the good fight
Wash away the guilt that you feel
For our children we musnt kneel
United we  stand conquering all
World Peace  for the existence of man
World Peace  for the existence of man

Is it for my father?  Am I unhappy with the world?
sick of the fighting, tired of  the senseless killing
Taking life for granted,  we dont give anything back
I must ask... can we leave this to our children?  It's No!

*chorus

Instrumental

Everyman has his breakin point,well mines today
no longer lack the courage time for me to be brave
Through the eyes of a crying child I see my destiny
time for me to go son, why Daddy why? oh why!

*chorus

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2006 · 05:03 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
woah!
This is serious punk dude...   I like it....

My wife hates it...... 

The break is really cool....   I like it i like it!!

JimK
#3September 4th, 2006 · 05:24 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
serious punk indeed.

my... nobody hates it on my end. (maybe I'll play it for my mother)

sounds like a cross between punk and classic rock. to my ears. I guess I'm hearing the classic rock aspect in the song construction, and the punk in the way it's played.

anyway... I like.

nice vox btw.
#4September 4th, 2006 · 05:32 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
My.....hang on, nothing hates it down this end either.  Gutiars sound great thoughout, except during the guitar intro I thought a different kind of distortion would have been more appropriate...not sure the name but less of the fuzz effect that the fits so well in the rest of the song.  Love the song!!!  Just getting to the cleaner bit at 2:15 now and it sounds fantastic.  Is that same distortion, cos if not maybe try that on the intro guitar bit as well.  Just some ideas.
#5September 4th, 2006 · 05:46 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Tarsanth wrote…
My.....hang on, nothing hates it down this end either.  Gutiars sound great thoughout, except during the guitar intro I thought a different kind of distortion would have been more appropriate...not sure the name but less of the fuzz effect that the fits so well in the rest of the song.  Love the song!!!  Just getting to the cleaner bit at 2:15 now and it sounds fantastic.  Is that same distortion, cos if not maybe try that on the intro guitar bit as well.  Just some ideas.

Yep its the same, however in the break theres bass,and another guitar strumming just the chords so I think its making a fuller sound. I agree with you about the intro by the way. Thanks for listening.
#6September 5th, 2006 · 06:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
weow.. that's raw dude, very raw! some serious punk here yeah, ... not sure if my neighbors hated it, I couldn't hear their banging on the walls over the excruciating sound levels emitting from my speaker system

uh, yeah, I do have some mixing ideas though though I like this raw quality, so yeh, you know where you can find me
#7September 6th, 2006 · 04:50 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
my Dad doesn't like it very much...he said "what's that noise? is that supposed to be music? am I paying you to listen to this crap?" 

hahahahaha! I totally love this!  Sounds like the guitar has to catch up with the drums a little...and I love the vox! 
#8September 6th, 2006 · 10:28 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
spoon wrote…
my Dad doesn't like it very much...he said "what's that noise? is that supposed to be music? am I paying you to listen to this crap?" 

hahahahaha! I totally love this!  Sounds like the guitar has to catch up with the drums a little...and I love the vox!  :D

Lol, thanks for your honest critique Dad.
#9October 7th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
aagghhh... I finished mixing on this... but hearing the original I don't think I've added much good! LOL
#10November 23rd, 2006 · 04:40 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
Who say's your a hillbilly 
This is pretty good..although Im not into the Punk thing..I like the break in there..nice song you Basketcase

will rate it

Flyer
#11December 17th, 2006 · 12:20 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
sorry to say it about a punk song, but I like it 

I did hate the part between 1:57 and 2:52 a lot, though, so I guess it's still pretty succesful 
#12December 17th, 2006 · 05:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So there's no effect on anything? excellent, just love the vocal it could have not been any better.
What a really cool song.
So real low vote from me because I couldn't get my self to hate it

So spoon your dad 'pays' you to listen to bandAmp?????
#13December 17th, 2006 · 04:51 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Gotta say, I really didn't like that one. Wouldn't be fair for me to vote it, either.
I can appreciate a lot of different music, but not this one.
#14December 17th, 2006 · 07:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Oldies I was only kidding! I gave it 70% cos I loved it

I'm a sarcastic bastard sometimes
#15December 17th, 2006 · 07:40 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Oldies324 wrote…
Gotta say, I really didn't like that one. Wouldn't be fair for me to vote it, either.
I can appreciate a lot of different music, but not this one.

Thanks! However you still could rate the creativity,playing,lyrics...well ya get what Im sayin...every song I rate I dont like,I listen with non bias ears

PS..How about I add an organ for ya? 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 10:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.