1 2

#1September 4th, 2006 · 04:05 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Autumn Leaves

This song is not in a battle

A short instrumental....  This is a piece I have been working on since I began learning to play the guitar...  and I have been going back and forth on different ideas... this is a short clip of my idea of what it should be...  Although it is not polished, it definitely gives you the idea I had in mind..

Hope you like it.... 
                 JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2006 · 04:17 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
tweet tweet!
nice idea.

are your lower strings a little out of tune?
#3September 4th, 2006 · 04:22 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
why yes
They are... A little detuned for a more dissonant effect.. although not sure I will keep it that way, will probably change my mind again twelve times before I am ever satisfied.. If I am ever satisfied...  sigh.... anyway, It's a work in progress.... 
        Thanks for listening...
                      JimK
#4September 4th, 2006 · 05:34 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Interesting idea with the out of tune strings...I like it.  I dont know how this would effect it, but maybe bring them back into tune a tiny bit, keeping the effect but not making it so intense as it is currently.  Really chilled tune - definatley downloading this beauty.
#5September 4th, 2006 · 07:02 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I'm intrigued by your idea with the detuned strings.... I was wondering if you could get it as an actual effect (not real) by adding some kind of background pads to produce dissonat chords with the arpeggio. (?)

I would also like to see a more detailed recording, without the ocassional drifts and with some more arrangements (i.e.  pads), cause you have here a beautiful little tune 
#6September 4th, 2006 · 07:15 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hey Jim - I have to admit that I almost always doNOT tune my guitar properly when recording a more rocky song - I guess it's way better if the person listening to it actually thinks about what he is hearing, and you can achieve that by tuning your instrument 1 or 2 % out of tune (people seem to ignore perfect sounding songs, IMO)
Anyway, I would love to hear some melody on the tune - it's begging for it, Jim.
I think you should record the whole idea and use it as a reference version for future AND to post on here to get proper feedback as to in what ways it can be done best or what instruments to include. So, have you got any melody to it yet. I'm dying to hear it!!!

Good luck on that one. Finish it soon.
Jim
#7September 4th, 2006 · 10:27 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
Now this One I LIKE!!!

It's good to listen to & reLAX!!..Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

-NT4M
#8September 6th, 2006 · 11:34 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Tarsanth wrote…
Interesting idea with the out of tune strings...I like it.  I dont know how this would effect it, but maybe bring them back into tune a tiny bit, keeping the effect but not making it so intense as it is currently.  Really chilled tune - definatley downloading this beauty.
Why thank you, I am glad you like it...  I will try that, this piece has been a work in progress for a while now, and I am getting to a point where I really want to see it brought to life... 

Aetheris wrote…
I'm intrigued by your idea with the detuned strings.... I was wondering if you could get it as an actual effect (not real) by adding some kind of background pads to produce dissonat chords with the arpeggio. (?)

I would also like to see a more detailed recording, without the ocassional drifts and with some more arrangements (i.e.  pads), cause you have here a beautiful little tune

Dude, perhaps you might be interested in helping a touch with that??  perhaps bringing some backgroud instrumentals to the mix?? 

JBP wrote…
Hey Jim - I have to admit that I almost always doNOT tune my guitar properly when recording a more rocky song - I guess it's way better if the person listening to it actually thinks about what he is hearing, and you can achieve that by tuning your instrument 1 or 2 % out of tune (people seem to ignore perfect sounding songs, IMO)
Well, that explains alot.. (wink wink nudge nudge) OK, just teasing, I understand exactly what you mean... Same theory I go by with the way in which I record, I do every song as though it's live.. each guitar part is one take, vocal part one take.. this gives it a raw, live, emotion that you cannot get otherwise... studio quality is great, and I love it too.. for some songs, but not mine... mine are raw... I almost never overdub to redo one bar, or redo the lead, it is what it is... and that's the way it is.... 

JBP wrote…
Anyway, I would love to hear some melody on the tune - it's begging for it, Jim.
I think you should record the whole idea and use it as a reference version for future AND to post on here to get proper feedback as to in what ways it can be done best or what instruments to include. So, have you got any melody to it yet. I'm dying to hear it!!!
Well, I am working on it... I have a melody, but not sure it will work with the idea I have had lately... so will have to tinker with it a bit more....  But I will keep you posted my friend!

NT4M wrote…
Now this One I LIKE!!!

It's good to listen to & reLAX!!..Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

-NT4M
  Well thank ya Ma'am! Thats right nice of ya...    You Cutie!

JimK
#9September 24th, 2006 · 09:43 AM
20 posts
United States of America
A tuner is a guitarists best friend
#10September 24th, 2006 · 09:46 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
NOSDRIVEN wrote…
A tuner is a guitarists best friend

Umm... ok.....     I agree, but what does that mean to me here?  hmm.....
#11September 27th, 2006 · 10:06 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
its a nice one....yeah u should develop this more...make it a whole proper song. It'd be great! Cant wait to hear it..
#12September 27th, 2006 · 03:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Autumn Leaves
out of tune .................... autumn just left ,,,,,,,, stage right
#13September 28th, 2006 · 06:45 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
About the detuning:

I was hearing a friend who plays classical guitar, he detune the 6th string to D to play a Cannon in D Major

he get a double-bass 1 octave down...

was interesting.. when I heard this one, I never tought you are classic...

Anyway, good one Jim and keep trying those little things to surprise the well-tuned ampers

Your Noodle Knight, Dodo.
#14October 2nd, 2006 · 05:25 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
great merging
outstanding blending of nature's birds with the well tempered guitar. it is an experiment that works. i like also the suble melodies.
#15November 15th, 2006 · 01:01 AM
51 posts
United States of America
fits well with the backround sound. ive looked around and i cant find any place to find backround mp3 files like yours is it a site you got it off? but nice song its nice and slow very good
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.