#1September 1st, 2006 · 07:30 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
TAMF (Jiminuk's Mix)

This song is not in a battle

Full Title -
Thrown Away My Face.

This is a song by PuppetXeno, which I had the pleasure to mix from the raw tracks

There are a couple of additions to vocals by me, but not so you'd notice, and there are a lot of effects applied to the whole mix.

For those of you who weren't around at the time, this was one of the entries in a mixing competition hosted by PX.  It was really great fun to do - and I can recommend taking part in one of these completions to anyone that wants to learn about their own software and how to get the best out of it - just doing this taught me loads!

Thank you Puppet for writing the song in the first place, letting me tinker with it as I pleased, and finally for letting me post it on this site.

Listen, comment, vote, but most of all just enjoy

Note: for those of you who have listened to my own music, this is nothing like it!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 2nd, 2006 · 06:07 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeah, in yor old version i already liked your vocals in here, if i remember well, i voted first place for your mix

think you mixed PX's vocals very good btw.

only thing is my ears have to get used to the sound a while, did you use a lot of compression on the whole song or so?
#3September 2nd, 2006 · 06:24 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Idk if this was on purpose, but your vocals are hidden. I like to understand the words, or at least hear them

Cool Song
#4March 28th, 2007 · 06:05 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
wow this is real good. The mix is real good. For this style of music the vocal mix is just about right . I love the guitar sound in this . It's way heavy and punchy yet clean a dirty at the same time. very cool .  Top stuff here. The song has a lot of energy and a cool sound on the vox. ...love the effects on the vox.
#5March 28th, 2007 · 06:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Weird! How could I possibly have missed commenting to this one?!

Well Jiminuk it's been quite some time since I last saw you on here, and it's been quite some more time since I put up this remix contest thing, and even way more time since I wrote the song itself.

If I recall correctly you came in second, after TritonKeyboarder. My predictions were that you would win though, I really love your work on it. An excellent choice of effects, creative addition of parts, fits right in with the nature of the song. Heh.. I love all the efforts by all who were in the contest, ... I'm very happy and grateful that some of you took the time to do this. Thanks!
#6March 28th, 2007 · 08:23 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man this preatty well put together.PX Great song bro!
I'm liking the way also the mix is done.Its very well balanced!!!
Jiminuk this is well done Kuddos for a grat mix Job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.