#1August 30th, 2006 · 12:11 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Monsoon Season
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 14 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-09

This is one that me and my band made.   I have 18 more once i can mix all of them

Copywritre 2006

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2006 · 12:48 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
great potential
this is a great song, I think. I really like the build-up at 'seeing things in the dark' - I had been waiting for it. it could be much longer for my taste and maybe introduced less sudden - but that's just my taste anyway. not sure the piano is the right sound for the mood of the song, but apart from that it really brings it across! oh, and I love the title 
#3September 1st, 2006 · 04:28 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
well, a good song. i think the mixing needs to be improved. lot of scope i agree
#4September 1st, 2006 · 08:59 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Good song. Nice construction- some definite talent in the making. Reminds me of KT Tunstall, this one.
You're obviously quite a young band and this is quite an impressive showpiece, that given. Work on your tightness and the timing issues and this could certainly be going somewhere. I agree that the piano sound doesn't quite sit right in this song but perhaps it could do, with a tighter performance and better mixing.

Keep hold of this for about ten years and this would be perfect on some 'before they were famous' type TV show

Well done, but keep practicing.
#5September 1st, 2006 · 01:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Vocals are off a little (out of tune in places), but I like the sound of the main voice.
The recording is not the best - it sounds as if you recorded a live sound (not through the mixer) so that could be improved.
You all sound pretty young (as ktartandude has said)- so I guess these things will come in time.
But song construction is good - I like it.
#6September 5th, 2006 · 02:16 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
keep the piano
there's not much I can say that hasn't been said already, except don't listen to what they say about the piano. It's perfect. Very interesting song. Keep at it.
#7September 5th, 2006 · 02:40 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i think the vox are set to far back in the mix andneed to be made louder but thats the only complaint i have about the song, and every thing else is wonderfull i like the piano as well i say keep it

-pap the doll of paper sorts
#8September 6th, 2006 · 11:23 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
There's a lot of potential here!  Needs some work though...the rhythm guitar sounds slightly out of tune...and the vox go out of tune in quite a few places...

I like the piano as well...maybe it just needs to be eq'd better....the overall constructions of the song is quite good...the changes etc...vocals need to be more forward in the mix....maybe you could use a more consistent drum pattern as well..I'd like to hear more beats through-out...

Keep it up!  Can't wait to hear some more 
#9September 10th, 2006 · 11:00 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool song just needs a little work
decent song I like the idea and the song structure.  IMHO you could tighten up the playing time wise and give it a little better mix (you'll get better at this as you go).
good job good song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.