#1August 26th, 2006 · 08:34 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
No doubt at all

This song is not in a battle

warning for all those who dont want to listen to unfinished tracks!
I just like to have some reflection before i work further on this track, its in between an experiment and a noodle

its been through a lot of processing so i wonder what ppl think of the sound, i know it is strange, that was intended, but is it enjoyable?

there are words, but there is no meaning(yet) thats why they are this soft in the mix

it is based on some drum and base samples from Magix, programmed some synths in Magix, played some synths in cubase, and added my old guitar which is yet only in the try out phase too

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
it would be a great music for stage performing. perhaps a filler between two grandious songs performed live on stage. The ending cries for going on with a good song. I believe it needs no lyrics except some well spoken words like you did in this mix.
#3August 26th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
Seems to have a soundtrack sound to it to me.....it sounds good  so far Max ( I'm still listening to it).. Maybe this is better with out lyrics.. the Music i think can stand on its own  from what I hear...or just leave the lyrics as is..very low.....this sounds good Max...you deff have something here .. and the time frame is good 3:48 in my opinon....yeah  deff will be looking for the completion

Flyer
#4August 26th, 2006 · 02:49 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well well, this is a nice experiment! it starts out all underground techno like but then quickly  goes really psychedelic! still I think this could kick around well on some odd club floor. the effected vocals to the back are great yeah, very demonic - and then those weird synths again plus some awesome guitar play.. hum hey..

personally I'd say this is finished, leave it for what it is and head on with the next project... to keep this as a study-track, something to use for inspiration etc, coz there's a whole lot of that in here.

and yeah I think the flyer is right about this could serve as a soundtrack for some movie... sci fi or vampire slaying - something yeah... hehe
#5August 26th, 2006 · 10:57 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Nice. I agree with Puppet...it sounds pretty complete to me. As for a soundtrack...absolutely, like an escape scene from the likes of 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.' I envy your synth work...I've a long way to go...especially the sort of 'drippy' synths around 2:00. Love the single string 'twuck' guitar...I think it's guitar.

Cheers!
#6August 27th, 2006 · 06:08 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
well, Max, i really think those funky guitars arent good enough yet, i suggest you delete this one and redo that and some other guitar parts too!

damn! you should be ashamed! no vote yet

tnx anyway lads

btw, whats a 'twuck' guitar?
#7August 28th, 2006 · 12:26 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Twuck
I was trying to describe that sound that comes in at 1:57...twuck...twuck...twuck...sounds like a muted guitar...it's really clear around 3:02. But I'm not sure if it's a guitar. Jeez, I really can't identify what exactly it is...'twuck' was my attempt to describe the sound onomatopoeiacally (!) ;-)

jeff
#8August 28th, 2006 · 01:14 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
28 posts
Sweden
a good embryo
Too bad Iam not so into techno stuff. But quite OK to listen to.
#9August 28th, 2006 · 01:22 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
keep going
mmm interesting style.  at first i was thinking it sounded abit to messy with far to much going on...but as i'm listen you kinda forget about it and started getting into it. Loving the poping/wow type sound around 1.00 ( hard sound to explain!) kinda lightens up what is a dark track i've that makes sence. mm keep on it! like the way its heading.
#10September 2nd, 2006 · 08:17 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
twuck/poping/wow...
twuck synth that should be in this case, and just as the poping/wow sound  synths from Magix (with a lot of tweakin of course)

and about the the heading, it doesnt go as fast as i like, maybe some people here were right and should i leave it this way

well, we'll see

tnx for listening anyway!
#11September 13th, 2006 · 12:48 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Damn good sounding techno experiment. 
Very much a soundtrack to my ears
I love some of the weird synth sounds you use in this.
Don't change it - do as PX suggests and move on, but keep this as a (very good) reference.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.