1 2

#1August 26th, 2006 · 03:56 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
28 posts
Sweden
thank you
Score: 78.6%
Battle: 2006-09

This song is about the world seen by a lunitic.

lyrics and music by fredrik gussander.
Performed by lostlight
recorded in versionstudio.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2006 · 04:02 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
nice song. I like it.

I'm trying to decide whether the drums are real or looped. they sound realistic, and there are those tiny timing spots that make them sound human, but then again, there's hardly any variation thrown in anywhere. if they are real (which believe they are) I'd use a bit more variation during the verses.

my only other critique would be that the whole song lacks punch on the low end. the bass is definitely in there, but the drums sound thin and the whole thing just isn't booming like it should.

all that being said... this is a damn good song. it's clear that you guys work well together. keep em coming.
#3August 26th, 2006 · 05:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the vocal melody in the beginning and the verses reminded me strongly of The White Stripes. the music however, very different.

production quality is really good, nice rock tune here yeah.

Indeed overall it's not "booming" as much as it could, but I'm not sure it's that bad. It could work well when played loud in a club.

What I do need to say is that solo thing around 1:59 - 2:12 seems a little "rushed", the guitar being just a little ahead of timing, maybe that was deliberate but it doesn't come off as being really tight.

anyway, welcome to da amp and I hope you'll enjoy your stay!
#4August 26th, 2006 · 06:52 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Dont like the smooth drums in this song although there are played very well. Could sound more heavy. The solo part is a cool idea but a bit out of sync.

All in all a nice tune. Go ahead.
#5August 26th, 2006 · 06:40 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
After a couple of listens it seemed that this tune was a good mixing together of rock ideas. I liked the 'solo', which I thought was a more of a an additional melodic part, and I didn't notice the timing as a problem, but i think Xeno is better than me at that stuff, so he's probably correct.

I do think there is something missing on the bottom end, and it might be because there is so much in the midrange, and the open high-hat is adding a bit too much at that level. I usually think when there's that much up there, the bass/drums tend to hang out together at the bottom, providing the 'pulse.'

Anyways, thanks, and welcome to the amp.

jeff
#6August 26th, 2006 · 07:30 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
Great Chorus!
Nice song, but I must say that I think that the verses are a little boring..
(like my own maybe) But I think you really got some power in the chorus, I reaally like it

Great Upload! And Welcome to bandamp

Adam
#7August 26th, 2006 · 07:33 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
Kul, där såg jag att ni var från sverige också, kan jag ju skriva lite svenska för en gångs skull med.  Jag gillar verkligen den här låten asså, nästan älskar refrängen! Vem/vilka det än är som spelar gitarr, så gillar jag verkligen solona och riffen osv.

Ha det gött och fortsätt ladda upp för fan!

adam
#8August 26th, 2006 · 09:42 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
WOW
This song today has inspired by to fix a song that had been needing it.  I love this song I already downloaded it and put it on CD WOW!!!!!!!!!
#9August 26th, 2006 · 11:37 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
QUESTION
I have a question for the artists I am handing out one of my albums and school can I have ur permission to put this awsome song on it.  I will cleary label it 'feat. thank you by lostlight (track 9)' if i can have ur permission that would be awsome, cuz i think my friends would enjoy listening to your song as much as I have
#10August 29th, 2006 · 03:57 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice... production is great, nice feel to the track, the vocals stand out abit too much i think... too dry, maybe adding some reverb will help merge them in with the rest of the track, but all in all a nice track, , welcome to band amp btw
#11August 30th, 2006 · 01:17 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
cool
I agree with a lot that's been said already: the solo is pretty consistently ahead of the beat, so should be easy to fix. and yeah, stronger bass would be nice. otherwise it really rocks!
#12September 6th, 2006 · 11:35 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Good song!  Timing issues as has already been said...and the bottom end needs to be fatter...but I like it - good lyrics - decent singing - well put together. 
#13September 10th, 2006 · 11:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
great song need a remix
this is a great song just needs a remix bring up the kick and bass gtr level out the guitars some and work on matching the vocal levels it'l really stand out.
#14December 8th, 2006 · 07:08 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Hey,,
Someday I'll wright a real song like yours

Robbie.
#15December 10th, 2006 · 03:44 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
good job!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.