#1August 23rd, 2006 · 03:46 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Don't Give it Up
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-10

Live verson of a song about a girl I know who had an anaphilactic reaction to peanuts and had to go to the hospital. Thanks for listening, enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2006 · 05:43 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
cool
this is good...Nice recording...good song..like the lil jazz feel to this..and im not into jazz...but I like this... I like the way it picks up around 4:00 ....I hope that Girl is ok

Flyer
#3August 23rd, 2006 · 06:54 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
qick pass the jelly
Excellent live music recording ,very well put together piece ,the fun with arrangement has a cool retro fusion soul,zappa thing.Great stuff build out cooks seriously what a band .jam on 
#4September 19th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Nice sound. Great performance. Love the Jazz feel. very well done indeed.

My only criticism would really be that the music sounds a little too much fun for the subject material.
#5September 26th, 2006 · 03:04 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
a little too quiet
i had to crank the volume to hear this, but besides that, it's pretty awesome. I don't hear this kind of music too often, it's refreshing!
#6October 1st, 2006 · 06:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah indeed, what's so fun about an anaphilactic reaction? ever suffered one yourself, hmm? mind you I once voted low on a song by Chauvette because he was making a joke out of Nuclear Fallout.

Other than that it's a great performance, sounds ace - though please "normalize" the track before uploading next time

and too bad it's just a mono mix

thanks you
#7October 1st, 2006 · 03:59 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Anaphilactic Reactions
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes I understand this is serious subject matter taken incredibly lightly. If it makes anyone feel any better the girl who says "don't give it up" after the bridge is the girl, Emily, who had the reaction and she's fine. What's more all lyrics were submitted to her for her approval beforehand... and she's always asking us to play this song for her. If you can't find the humour in a near death experience then, well, you're probably not laughing as often as you could be. Either way, thanks for listening.
#8October 25th, 2006 · 05:15 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The overall sound could have been improved somewhat with a bit of post production "tinkering" - but I like it all the same.
Very jazzy feel, instruments played and recorded pretty damn well, vocals sound good too (I would have like some harmony on the chorus though!)
Overall this is a pretty good live recording of a decent sounding song.
#9October 18th, 2009 · 04:17 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I love the vibe to this song... Really catchy tune, the organ is really cool too. Before I joined the AMP, I downloaded this and would hum to it for weeks on end.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the reason for writing this song - it seems like a moral-booster to me...

If only the volume was louder, eh?

VERY good song.

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.