#1August 18th, 2006 · 01:09 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
No No No II

This song is not in a battle

I just got back from a gig and started re-doing a bunch of things on this song. i took as much of the advice i could and put it in the mix. New vocal fx and eq, new pad sound with xtra strings. i also improved the piano solo to make it more catchy and melodic. I gated the guitar and dried it up a bit.
Still a fade at the end though. Sorry bout that. hope to figure something out. Hope you let me know what you think. Thanks for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 18th, 2006 · 01:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow, you made an already fresh song sound much fresher! I see you managed to get rid of the "filter" effect of the vocals, which you said was caused by a pre-overdrive and compressing the snot out of it... well, it's coming through loud and clear now, equalized properly yeah. Good as it is, right now, yeah.

Yeah the added organ/pad sound fits right in there, the mix is really open. There's still some room in the right of the stereo image, and I think that's because there's a very active guitar on the left, the opposite side staying silent at that. Not a problem btw, there's enough going on with the new pad in there - I think that void adds to the lucidity of the song

oh and about that guitar - this mix is much better, it's not giving me that edgy nerve-itchy feel as it did before - it sounds more relaxed, easy going now, there's more peace in there now.

the fade isn't too bad .. songs on the radio are fading all the time! well I wouldn't know what to do with the ending... Overall I think this has become one excellent track already, so well done!
#3August 18th, 2006 · 02:07 AM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
Is very good, sounds much more melodic and enjoyable, and your new acquisition is giving fresh that you needed, because all sound is clear and with more quality, and you have a good voice, so great for you !!!!!!!!!
#4August 18th, 2006 · 01:38 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Yeah.....

what a happy song!

the organ comes a little late. Vocals are great, guitars are perfect, bass is loud and clear and the piano solo fits the song completely  I know what to do with the ending. But noone asks me 

Good job!
#5August 18th, 2006 · 02:34 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
O.K. buddy, I'll ask. 

what would you do?

BTW, suggestions of all kinds are always welcome.
#6August 18th, 2006 · 03:35 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
love the bass...nice groovin' tune... My suggestion for the ending would be to repeat the chorus..but with more vox layers..more keys as well...make it really big...crescendo...then repeat the last line "reaching out to me" and come to a full stop. Just an idea for you.

Great job!!You get my vote! 
#7August 18th, 2006 · 04:36 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Owh Yeah
Man this is awesome!

You got a very nice voice mate!
happy song with one hell of a mix! damn!

2 thumbs up here!
#8August 30th, 2006 · 02:03 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
very nice - especially that 'glassy' organ sound.  good and yes, very happy song! take somebody advice on the ending (but not mine...)
#9July 19th, 2009 · 04:55 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Ok - the new version is better.
This new version sounds better to me. Especially the vocals. Good job.
#10July 21st, 2009 · 04:35 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: No No No II
Alerion You Mad F***er
I Love The Groove............
sounds like a guy kicking himself in a junk yard!!!
FANTASTIC!!!

I HEAR EVERY WORD YOU SAY!!!!!!............ NICE!!!!...the best compliment..haha

This has me dancing.!!!!

very VERY GOOD!!!

please feel free to review any of my stuff
http://swordfish.bandamp.com/music.html
#11July 22nd, 2009 · 10:41 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Wow,
thanks guys. Haven't been on the Amp for a while due to open heart surgery and subsequent wimpiness. I'm fine now. I like this tune because the lyrics are conversational, not really pyrical, and the solo is played on my guitar synth which tickles me for some reason. It reminds me of Nick Lowe, who I love, and his son "Breaking Glass" off of Pure Pop for Now People
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.