6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Summer Day
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 18 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-09

Hi there everyone.

This is my new song.  The music, lyrics, performance and mixing are all my own (so that means I'm the only one to blame if it sounds bad...gulp!)  All the sounds are VST instruments played in via keyboard except my singing and the flugel horn playing, which is me playing live into my mic at home.

I'm hoping that my cubase skills have improved since my last upload but I'd still appreciate any feedback.

I feel that it sounds a bit like the Lighthouse Family in places - Don't know if that pleases me or not!!!!

Lyrics (if anyone's interested)

In the summer, I go walking
And the breeze, it blows my mind
Past the trees and stream, such a lovely sky
I can leave my blues behind

In the village I see an angel
She smiles at me from her window
Such a shame, I may never see her again

I go strolling down to the river
Fish come up to speak to me
As I look down at my reflection
I see angel sitting with me.

Hope you like it.

PRG

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 17th, 2006 · 04:43 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
By the way

Please feel free to vote 
#3August 17th, 2006 · 11:27 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Lovely song. And I WILL rate... the only suggestion is to leave the ride cymbal out completely.
PS> Wanna help me with a song - it needs a tru pet solo... PM me to let me know your email if you feel like it.

Jim
#4August 17th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
3 posts
United Kingdom
Nice, really nice. Can't say it grabbed me but that is a matter of taste (we're not in the business of pleasing everybody all of the time) but it certainly has potential. Well done on the Flugal esp. had a real olde worlde feel....

Pedrodevez
#5August 17th, 2006 · 12:22 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Very nice.

Horn sure sounds nice.

The live sounds (vox/horn) still sound muffled to me. Though I'm not sure if it's because of your mic or the EQ settings and whatnot. What kind of mic do you use?

VST instruments? I'd like to know which one you used for the piano if you don't mind.

I like the ride. I think it would sound lacking without it. Though it might be just a tiny bit loud.

Nice song.
#6August 17th, 2006 · 12:29 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
The horn was really nice, I agree with Tak..I like the ride...maybe drop it in the mix a little...I hear the vox go out of tune every once in a while..so you might want to work on that..so...I'd like to hear your vox louder and cleaner (less reverb)...to me that is always better!

I really like the feel and sentiment of this song..and I like the lyrics!
#7August 17th, 2006 · 12:33 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Thanks for the crit so far

Takaminerbb13
I use edirol orchestra for the piano, flute, timps (background) and oboe on this song.  I think the vocals/horn may sound a bit muffled because of the reverb I added.  Doesn't sound particularly muffled to me but I have been monitoring through headphones as I can't afford monitor speakers at the moment.  Maybe they aren't particularly accurate.

I use a Sennheiser e840 for all the live recording and run it through a Line 6 Toneport UX2.  It's the only mic I have and is supposed to be equivalent to the Shure SM 57.  I have been using a foam headcover on it - not sure how much of a difference it makes.  I might try recording something without it.

PRG
#8August 17th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hey I saw an angel sitting with you....

Nice and mellow tune. Yeah the ride cymbals sounds a bit synthetic
#9August 17th, 2006 · 05:06 PM
good song
wow...really good song..uhh wasnt the best for me but a lot of other groups will sure like it! keep up the good work!
#10August 22nd, 2006 · 11:08 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
Singing in parts were a bit off tune like a the begining and turn down the reverb on your vox track too MUCH
#11August 25th, 2006 · 03:27 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
As far as production and overall its awesome. Sounds amazing, Im just not a fan of the style. But thats not a problem....still gets a good vote on my part.
#12August 27th, 2006 · 02:50 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I really love this......I'm surprised, I'm usually not in too much of this stuff but the melody is so beautiful. I really like the piano from 50 secs to min.11. Very nice job all around.
#13August 30th, 2006 · 04:47 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
It gave me that olllllld feeling...
Beautiful, very nice trumpet. It made me all warm inside. Can't wait to hear more from you.
#14September 1st, 2006 · 01:59 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Recording is clear and well balanced, apart from that damn cymbal off to my left!  It's just too much - too loud, and nearly always there!  I don't think you should lose it altogether, just only have less of it!
There's a tad too much reverb used as well for me, so I'd be tempted to just turn it down a little in the mix.
Vocals are nicely delivered - ok you miss a couple of times, but don't we all!
Piano sounds lovely.
The trumpet playing is very nice indeed
Construction's good
Everything's played well.

I know I've not really said much that others haven't already said, but I thought I'd add my two-penneth worth anyway!

Good song
#15September 10th, 2006 · 11:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
good job
same thing everbody else said and yes the foam cover can kill some top end.
when I do the effects i tend to send the signal out to an aux bus then try to mix the effected sound back in gotta watch the room size brightness and mix back levels.
otherwise good job.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.