1 2

#1August 15th, 2006 · 06:19 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
third & westminster

This song is not in a battle

ok....

sso when you're a guitar player....& friends get married....well....they ask you to play at their wedding...& how can you say no?

this tune....i wrote for the signing of the registry.  in canada, the happy couple sit down, with their witnesses, to sign a registry....a kind of legality....which sets the marriage in stone, so to speak.

it's a very boring part of the wedding.  the happy couple asked me to write something "pretty"....something "david crosby-ish" to play while they were signing on the dotted line.

so, there you go.

& here it is.  ana one, ana two  (cue the wedding player)

:O)  mb

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 15th, 2006 · 06:24 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
hep me! hep me!
lolol.....what the HECK am I doing wrong.......sheesh....

everytime I upload a tune-a-rooney it is so friggin' FAST!

administrators?  moderators?  technical geniuses?  little help please...

thanks!

speed demon mb
#3August 15th, 2006 · 11:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
aye,

the problem occuring here lies within the mp3 properties... you have encoded this little ditty at 32 kHz... that, dear Martha, does not work in the little flash player. It plays mp3s at the default of 44 kHz, at which you should indeed encode your audio. So if anything other than 44 kHz comes along, it will play at the wrong speed.

Also, I see you've encoded at a bitrate of 96 kbps... That is not a very good audio quality. I recommend atleast 128 kbps, but preferrably 192 kbps. Your files will be bigger that way, but they will sound much, much better. You don't have to be so SHY!

Your playing is excellent and the tune you've got here is lovely! It takes great skill to play/compose something like this and that's what you have! So... yeah! Please re-encode to given specifics and then you'll be sure of a very high rating from me (if that means anything )
#4August 16th, 2006 · 12:18 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
is it me ? Or did I lose count on the scoops of coffee today?  this is fast...Puppet is correct..its all in the Mp3 encoding..the same thing has happened to me..and Im sure alot of us

Flyer
#5August 16th, 2006 · 03:16 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Martha, BABY!!
you have got to re-post your stuff. We can tell it's beautiful and extremely well played but it's very frustrating to hear it in such a weird state. It's like listening to an amazing singer with the speed turned up to "Chipmunk". I looked through your music and it's all fast. i notice however that people are voting their asses off on your stuff. Imagine how much more of an impact you'd have if we could hear what you really sound like. I am a guitar player too and I'm dying to hear the complexities of tone and phrasing apparent in these posts but just out of reach. I can't wait to hear the real you.
#6August 16th, 2006 · 03:48 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
leave it
Hey I love this just the way it is!!!

The playback speed makes it sound like a cross between a guitar and a harp.  It sounds almost celestial (sp?) 

Perfect for a wedding!

PRG
#7August 17th, 2006 · 12:16 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
hey!!!
wow....

you guys have a way with words!  thanks....(bowing in your general direction)

I can't seem to post every time though......it's hit & miss.

& the martha baby salutation?

LOLOLOLOLOL......LOVE it.     cracked me right up.

ok...lemme figure out what my software is doing to my stuff.....& i'll try to sort it out.

hey....Puppet Xeno?  can you hep me?  an email would be cool.....I checked out your latest offering.......kinda creepy.....kinda scary....& I LOVED IT!!!!!!

by the way.....I DID post an incredibly witty response to your post, but it got lost in cyber land.  sigh.  that hit & miss posting thingy happening to me.  when I try to post sometimes, it asks me to sign up.  I would hit the "i've already signed up" button but, well...........there isn't one.  :O)

xoxomb  (marthamaymoo is really mb, you'ld have to ask my bro about the marthamaymoo handle)

:O)
#8August 18th, 2006 · 06:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
oookay... well let's do this via the pm system first, coz I think I know what's going on... so, I've left a pm... cya there
#9August 25th, 2006 · 11:26 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
A quirky piece when played at the wrong speed.  A lovely piece when the timing's right - it just takes a download fix it!

Nice music MarthaMayMoo

I found myself picking up the acoustic guitar and playing my own melody along to this.
#10May 17th, 2007 · 11:20 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Jim's Right!
I like it.. first time I listened to your tunes,
I wasn't commenting about anyone's stuff..
just listening..  been going back and looking
through everyone's lists again and starting
to catch up..

blessings,

Blueyes - Danny
#11December 3rd, 2007 · 06:24 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
has a light and playfull touch i really enjoy
#12December 12th, 2008 · 11:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey mb, must of missed this lovely peice.

We must do collab one day, PM me your email address and I'll send you something soon I hope,

Like wise you can send me something if you like, I've started playing the flute and soprano sax, they go nice with the acoustic guitar.

Thats your new Martin your playing with I assume.  I would love to have a quality accoustic, Will do one day I hope.

Cheers

Denis
#13December 15th, 2008 · 08:23 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Did denis say new martin .
Very JJJ
Really enjoyable
#14January 12th, 2009 · 09:19 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
hey....just got back online so couldn't reply for a while...

thanks Denis!

mb
#15February 5th, 2009 · 01:33 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
I'm giving all your stuff a listen now. I absolutely got lost in that. It's the sort of stuff you play when you're just playing. I feel like a can really appreciate this as a guitarist, you can see all the fingerings you use and where you're hands must be going. Just really great stuff. So good.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.