1 2

#1August 13th, 2006 · 05:29 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
OldMan(ftPuppetXeno)
Score: 81.6%
Battle: 2006-09

Well I asked for vocals and I got them . Also in the process turned an average song into something really freaking good. The vocal stylings,synths,added rhythm guitar and outro solo are all Mr.Xeno.
To truly appreciate his contributions to this I suggest you take a listen to OldMan v2.0. That track and a lyric sheet turned into what you here. Thanks again Puppet lookin forward to doing another.

Ps. Sit back,relax,close your eyes and crank it to 11!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2006 · 08:46 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
wow nice job!

I can really hear both of your influences in this.

I still love 1:58...

great song overall. everything fits.
#3August 14th, 2006 · 01:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah, I can definately hear my influence too

listening now with fresh ears, this is truly a very energetic song, not something I'd associate with old people at all but then, THAT trick is in the lyrics.

I don't know what else to say really, other than Thank You mr Case, for letting me work on this. It's a real nice tune alright. I'd download it if I wouldn't have it in the library already
#4August 14th, 2006 · 12:01 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
HEY
Wow ..has this song come a long way...its really powerful..and sounds good..You both did a excellent job....(Old People  lol)..nice work Puppet...Jason...ahhhh I like the detemination you showed in getting your song out...let the music live...and thats
what you have done...

Very good song  you guys   You have a vote from me

Flyer
#5August 14th, 2006 · 12:42 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Nice work. reminds me abit of The Clash or even Midnight Oil in parts.
#6August 14th, 2006 · 03:26 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
Nice work. reminds me abit of The Clash or even Midnight Oil in parts.

TY
#7August 14th, 2006 · 07:09 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
well, compliments are in place here, i had a feeling as if i was listening to a record, you know, that big black disc from the old days, and like 'wartiger' said, it does remind to The Clash and the Oil, well if that ain't compliment..

great to hear your styles and sounds mixing here, i heard the earlier version and this surprised me pleasantly

like that choir! it has become an intriguing song!
#8August 14th, 2006 · 08:41 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
MaxdB wrote…
well, compliments are in place here, i had a feeling as if i was listening to a record, you know, that big black disc from the old days, and like 'wartiger' said, it does remind to The Clash and the Oil, well if that ain't compliment..

great to hear your styles and sounds mixing here, i heard the earlier version and this surprised me pleasantly

like that choir! it has become an intriguing song!

Yes it has, I can't stop listening! Thank you for listening! How about some props for those vocals? One word.........Amazing
#9August 25th, 2006 · 10:44 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
So first I listened to the original(ish) non-vocal version, and then did a comparison with this one.
Well the vocals really tie it all together - and the additional instrumentation sounds pretty good too..... Very nice work PX and BC!

#10September 3rd, 2006 · 11:49 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Just my opinion... but those vocals could sound reallly great a little bit drier(?).  There is a moment at 00:36 when the rhythm guitar kicks that everything seems to stop, maybe would be good to find a way to join the intro with the rest of the song.
Other than that, great work from both of you.
#11September 4th, 2006 · 06:16 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
aetheris wrote…
Just my opinion... but those vocals could sound reallly great a little bit drier(?).  There is a moment at 00:36 when the rhythm guitar kicks that everything seems to stop, maybe would be good to find a way to join the intro with the rest of the song.
Other than that, great work from both of you.

well, I applied a doubling effect to the vocals, to attain a sort of Killing Joke kindof feel in the final mix. That, and as MaxdB said - getting the feeling of putting on a vinyl disc, well that was what I was aiming at, mixing this! I think the original instrumental was an excellent basis to work on, and I'm very happy to see how well the end result is being received
#12September 7th, 2006 · 01:47 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
song
good mix! all around, really like it.

Ken
#13September 8th, 2006 · 08:37 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
OMG this is amazing the begging vox remind me of Bon Jovi... this is crazy if I ever need vox for a GOOD song of mine I give u a PM jesus christ
#14September 8th, 2006 · 08:49 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Skybound wrote…
OMG the is amazing the begging vox remind me of Bon Jovi... this is crazy if I ever need vox for a GOOD song of mine I give u a PM jesus christ 8)

Lol, well PM Puppet not me cause thats his lyrical stylings not mine...thanks for the comments.
#15September 9th, 2006 · 01:15 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Yeah.
I can dig it 

Everything has been said...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.