1 2

#1August 10th, 2006 · 06:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Attitude
Score: 82.0%
Battle: 2006-08

Alright... This is what happens when Puppet.. . . . ..  isn't "happy" with current world events....

He took a nap early today - kinda right after work and dinner, and woke up at 21:30, decided it was time to hurl some thought provoking material into the world.

Because he tends to get bored very quickly he didn't spend more than 2 1/2 hours on this, front to end.

So this is your brand new finished product. Started from scratch and... different yeah.

Thank you for paying attention.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 10th, 2006 · 11:17 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
kinda wierd song...PX...
it is a very nice experiment you had....i guess....
yeah i liked the starting....
the overall effect of the song was quite spooky...
but it was nice so voting for it!!!!
#3August 11th, 2006 · 09:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
one day after
............................ wuuhh.. did I create this last night??? ... hmmm... I vaguely recall the session yeah. Interesting experiment... A bit off-center though.... and "spooky", yeah. Even so, I'm glad I still have some idealism left
#4August 11th, 2006 · 09:59 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Attitude
Next Time U have a party please Invite me!!!!
From what I hear here your place is a walk on the wild side.
Yes there is some idealism left ........... its probably in a jar in the fridge

Splash
the reeling fish
#5August 11th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I would love to take part at the party. Well its one of the "noisy" tunes you have to listen til end.

And it is fantastic for my ears. ok got some troubles to understand the lyrics, but every instrument is loud and clear! ready to launch
#6August 11th, 2006 · 02:31 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Party? There's a party?

Ooh yes, I'll be there!

Freaky song PX - but a very interesting soundscape.  Pretty well put together, very well recorded.

I can't turn this up quite loud enough because there are other people in the house - but I like the music behind the vocals very much, and can feel that it needs to be play LOUD

Damn good stuff for 2 1/2 hours work!

#7August 12th, 2006 · 11:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hmmm yeah, thanks guys! , I guess...
#8August 12th, 2006 · 12:06 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
well well well ... I listened to the whole thing and I did NOT feel this was was something I disliked - on the contrary! I think I'll have to do soome of such experiments myslef as they must be very freeing, getting you out of any constriction you may be encountering at that moment, I guess... hmm... do you want a vote/rating for it, pup? I'll give you one. Nice work.

Right questions to be asked, of course...
#9August 12th, 2006 · 03:22 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
nice.

spoken word... sounds like something I would hear from a (more) psychadelic version of the doors... a good thing!

I'd love to hear more like this.
#10August 12th, 2006 · 06:28 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
love that 'i don't care' part! i see lots of people thinkin that all the time.., that ain't so great by the way, so i like these lyrics even better! Long live Idealism!!!

dig that massive organ sound too, is that your old organ or software?
sounds great anyway

about the spoken word: i am workin on a track with that too and unlike the project you said had similarities with my ' trash-it ' song wherefor you quit that project (which i regret),
i will finish this one because the impact it has on a song.., i find...

it works very well in this piece anyway, hope the message will be concieved 

i'll close my eyes and look around
#11August 14th, 2006 · 04:21 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Puppet!! love the spoken word - lyrics..sentiments I share.....the conglomeration of sounds seems symbolic of your feelings about world events...I like it alot!
#12August 23rd, 2006 · 04:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Ahh thanks! Unbelievable amount of lovely critiques to this oddball song I made using just FLStudio 5!!

I guess that FruityLoop virus has gotten to me too... Anyway, though I did plan to do a series of "collages" sortof in this style, I can't seem to focus myself on ANY particular workflow. So the next tune is going to be something completely different again.

Back to the drawing board? Maybe - I might have stashed that on The Attic somewhere...
#13August 23rd, 2006 · 04:34 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
hmmm,
spoken words about Idealism, World, We Are One, etc.

Are you becoming in a kind of JimKDaAdtMan our Noodle King?

this is great, I mean, the way to express the feeling of the end of the day.

And the phrase "If you don't care, I don't care" is repeating in my head.
#14August 27th, 2006 · 04:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I don't like having to do songs like this, but I feel I have to. I'd much rather sing about love and happiness, but I'm just one of those persons who cannot shut his eyes (and what's worse - his mind) to all the crap going on in the world. obviously billions of people do exactly that though, and if we don't work together nothing's ever going to get any better.

In fact things are getting worse by the day.

#15August 27th, 2006 · 11:46 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
MAn...
This is really cool....

One can definitley tell you are feeling let down and saddened by the state of the world..

I think many of us feel the same... This world has gone to pot, and people seem to not care...  but truthfully, the governments want us to think the people don't care, they feed us lies and propaganda to make it look like noone cares... but the truth is there... we just have to look beneath the surface...
               JimK
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.