1 2

#1August 8th, 2006 · 06:12 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
Tira Mi Sú

This song is not in a battle

So this is our first serious recording...sound is not perfect but you know not everyone has a studio...
anyway just tell us what u think!

so hope u enjoy it...

The Bonbon Rosé

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 9th, 2006 · 11:12 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
WELCOME
yeah i liked your voice...
and the piano background
you know the recording is not bad....its better than many other songs here....
but i want to correct you that all of the bandampers dont have a studio to record...
so dont worry abt it...

have any question abt recording??? go to Recording section of the Forum...

happy bandamping...

-Aks
#3August 9th, 2006 · 02:28 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Welcome to BandAMP
#4August 9th, 2006 · 07:57 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
catchy
nice tune,the use of the keys take this song in different way,in contrast w/guitar but it seems to work well.Was this a live take??
#5August 10th, 2006 · 02:27 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
Lyrics
For all those who are able to speak german or are willing to learn it:
Here are the Lyrics

Tira Mi Sú

Verse 1

Du bist mein Kaffee am Morgen
nach einer durchzechten Nacht,
hast das Verwöhnaroma
Du bist es (dring dring) die mich glücklich macht

Chorus

Tiramisu - yeah yeah ! (x4)

Verse 2

Du bist meine heiße Badewanne
Nach Stunden in der kalten Welt,
Bist meine Thermoskanne
die mich von innen warm hält

Chorus

Solo
Unisono

Chorus

Verse 3

Du bist mein ACC akut
bei einem (dring dring) grippalen Infekt
Du bist mein Lieblings-T-shirt
Bist du bei mir gehts mir gut

Chorus

Tiramisu - Yeah Yeah !
Zieh mich hoch - yeah yeah !
Tiramisu - Yeah Yeah ! (x2)

Well, thanks for all those constructive criticisms, we would love to hear some more opinions!

@newmextex:  No, this wasnt a live take: We recorded every instrument on its own. But we still had to improvise a lot !
#6August 11th, 2006 · 02:52 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I love tiramisu

As a song, this is pretty fun - simple, but good all the same.

The recording and mix is ok, but could be much improved for all instruments and vocals.
Some of the playing lack "flow", especially the guitar solo, but that can be worked on too and improved.

Not bad at all really - and a good first song posting on BandAMP

#7August 12th, 2006 · 04:22 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
It's not really our first song ever. We just created a new Bandamp Account because we thought it would be time to start over with some more "serious" stuff. (Not the topic but the recording quality)

Isn't Tiramisu everybody's favorite dessert? Well in the song, we think of the litteral meaning of Tira Mi Sú, Italian for "pull me up". (Thats some insider information! )

About the recording ... well, We recorded every instrument on its own, directly from the Amp into the computer. The vocals are a bit noisy because we dont have a proper vocal microphone and we had to make em louder digitally.

Thanks for the good critique. We sure will go on this way !
#8August 16th, 2006 · 08:02 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Germany
um die lyrics zu moegen finde ich es sehr wichtig, zu wissen, was tiramisu heisst. gut, dass diese infos noch nachgereicht wurden.
die klavierstimme ist sehr cool...
jedoch wiederholt sich der refrain meiner meinung nach ein bisschen zu oft, dafuer, dass er selbst schon nur eine sich wiederholende zeile beinhaltet
aber allgemein gefaellt mir der sound
#9August 16th, 2006 · 09:41 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
I like this a lot
I get tired of generic music styles and safe production values. This reminds me of the early '80s. The piano evokes The Clash a la Rock the Casbah. the recording is rough but, considering how you did it, it's impressive. The guitar solo is in need of the most work. I've found that recording is definitely not the time to stretch your playing  to the max. Regardless of your level of proficiency, you should play at the top of but definitely within your abilities. That makes what you record sound so much better and more assertive.
I like the arrangement  - plenty of energy.
i don't know any German so i can't comment on the lyrics but the vocal performance is perfect for this song. I was going to say that I couldn't wait to hear you guys when you get better equipment, but I'm not sure about that. When you have equipment you tend to overuse it, at least i do. The cool thing about this song is that it's kind  of primitive. I hope that when you do get new equipment you keep the raw energy you have here.
If you think of it, post the lyrics in English. I'd love to find out what you're saying.
Well done.
#10August 22nd, 2006 · 12:34 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Bangladesh
better than many other songs
#11August 27th, 2006 · 11:25 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well, it is definitely catchy...

I like it..... Very simplistic, and wonderful....   My kind of music... 

Very nice...  thank you for sharing this one....... and although you are not so much referencing the dessert, I too love Tiramisu...

JimK
#12August 27th, 2006 · 11:42 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
my two years of german are not sufficient to understand all of the lyrics...but its a nice song.
#13August 30th, 2006 · 05:26 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
good energy
this is a fun song, looking forward to more.
#14September 3rd, 2006 · 11:48 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
Thanks everybody for all the comments !

At first we actually planned a really big project with a huge amount of composition and arrangement, but everybody wanted it in a different way, so we got into a huge fight and were yelling at each other and everybody was just frustrated.
Then we were sitting on the couch, as frustrated as we were and just dumped the idea of creating something really big, we just wanted to do at least something simple.

So in the end, we all were happy with this little project and i think you can hear the 'good vibes' after the bad mood.

I guess the Intuitive way of making music is more productive - you just dont get into a huge fight about what to play or how to start.

About the equipment: The only thing that makes it sound 'raw' is that we tend to record the vocals and the drums more quietly (the rest of the instruments is recorded digitally), and we have to louden it in the computer so the quality gets lost. But on the other hand i guess it also adds to the specific feeling of the song

Thanks for the comments Guys, we sure will continue to put our stuff in here !
#15September 3rd, 2006 · 12:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tira Mi Sú
fun song.....................

thanks for the lyrics

work in progress i think

check out

http://thenoodleking.com/

splash
the fish
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.