1 2

#1August 8th, 2006 · 07:36 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
Berlin/Cologne/Paris

This song is not in a battle

this one is a track of our/anlogue birds 5th CD. I was really in the mood to put something smooth on it! the melody is a traditional arabian for the oud, a short neck lute. the analogue birds performed as an quartett that time and an maroccan oud player was part of the ensemble. I asked him if he wanted to do the tune after I arranged a bassline and a drumpattern for it and put it into musical shape. first it was planned to do the theme just with an oboe. I already recorded the guide track with the oboe player, but for some reasons it never worked out. instead of that that, my neighbour and pubmate, coincidental a worldclass violin player, agreed on having a few hour recordingsession. he played the thing just from the sheet I printed out of "logic" for him:-)
the bassline I wrote never happened. instead of that a jazz organ player who provided the room for the drum recordings played some easy layers with his original b3/leslie on top of it!
my part as a didgeridooplayer and the role of the tube  is more of secondary nature. I still love the piece for its history and sweetness. its so different from all the powerpieces we made!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 8th, 2006 · 11:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow.... this is very nice trippy space groove music alright!

the best of classical instrumentation, modern groove construction, and world music.

world groove jazz maybe? well, it's great stuff whatever it is, so yeah, this is playlist kindof stuff (in my portable mp3 player that is )
#3August 8th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
cheers buddy!
thanks puppet!
i thought its good to show people a bit of my other side too:-)
the trippy spacy side;-)
c ya soon!
tom
#4August 8th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I do luv b3, ya know...

and it fits the track

AMAZING!
#5August 11th, 2006 · 02:01 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
b3 rules!
yeah! that was a nice little extra for the drum recording. we had to carry the heavy beast  down the whole staircase to the basement recording room. i never want to be roadie in a blus band;-).
but its such a lovely piece of music and furniture!
#6August 12th, 2006 · 09:35 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Wonderful - I'm gonna give it a very high rating... Impeccable recording quality! I am missing the bass line though - i can imagine a strong single notes going boom boom boom .... well... like in Shooglenifty... great work! love it
#7August 12th, 2006 · 03:16 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
wow!

amazing didg playing.

instrumentation works well. it's an interesting combination.

very nice.
#8August 21st, 2006 · 10:37 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
bassline and didge
yeah! the missing bassline still stings a little bit! i did put a lot of effort to it. but i didnt want to play it myself. i did wait for our bassplayer to nail it....but...he left the band and the album had to be released:-( its a very dynamic basshook. but, who knows, i am going to record it again.

im glad taka likes the didge, even if its not the highenergy kind of speed and power didge.
tom
#9August 23rd, 2006 · 03:23 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is just a fabulous sound.
The playing of all instruments is excellent
The construction is excellent
The recording is....... well, excellent!!!

Nothing like any music I'd listen to ordinarily - that's the beauty of this site I think; the exposure to different musical styles.

Voted high, downloaded, and going on the MP3 player
#10August 25th, 2006 · 09:01 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Absolutely amazing!  I have only downloaded a couple of songs on Bandamp this one is a definite.  It sounds like its from 2000 years ago but with a modern flare and brilliance.  The chord progressions are different and so refreshing to the ear.  The organ surprised me. Nice work, can't pronounce the instrument but love it nonetheless!
#11August 26th, 2006 · 03:33 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
chords
i like the very simple chord progression too, its amazng what a few halftonesteps in the melody can do to a rudimentary two chord structure. and its always a matter how the notes are played too:-)
#12August 26th, 2006 · 03:43 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
28 posts
Sweden
quite cool sound but unfortunately not my kind of music. I guess I'm too much of a rock lover to like this.

I like the feeling thought!!
#13August 27th, 2006 · 07:11 PM
5 posts
United States of America
i like this.
#14August 28th, 2006 · 01:30 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
DUDE luv it
lived in the middle east most of my live so been trying to add that to my songs but yet with no success.. well one of our songs should be on devos account on here so have a listen and tell me what ya think...although its an old song..totally different style! anyways was not expecting the digarido but my god it seems to work reallyt well. one of the best things is the song has plenty of changed to keep people interested... dunno what else to say..all well mastered and sounds good
#15September 11th, 2006 · 02:56 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
37 posts
Germany
:-)
cheers again mrmp! will check out your song!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.