#1August 7th, 2006 · 03:18 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
26 posts
United States of America
String Concerto No.1
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-06

This is my take on baroque/ string/ orchestral/ classical composition. I started this many years ago, but didn't finish it up until now.

There are 6 tracks playing and they are:

Violin 1
Violin 2
Viola
Cello
Contrabass
Tympani

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: String Concerto No.1
please slap a mega guitar onto this as a descant melody ............... its cryin out fer u 2 go mad!!!!!!!!

haha

the fish
#3August 23rd, 2006 · 02:44 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad going for a first concerto.  Well, not quite a whole concerto, more like a concertina

The recording is crisp, timing and playing all good.
I like Sword's idea of the mega guitar doing the melody.... some mileage in that one!

#4September 6th, 2006 · 11:22 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
26 posts
United States of America
Thanks
for comments. This was kind of a test for myself to see if I can do orchestral music since I was offered to do a movie score... 8-)
#5September 6th, 2006 · 11:40 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very Interestink
I like it alot....  So does NT4M

It is really cool....  I kind of like the mega guitar bit, but at the same time, it is really nice left more classical...  Very well done....  I have never been good at this stuff, though I love it dearly!

JimK
#6September 7th, 2006 · 08:15 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
I wont' lie, I'm with swords on the mega guitar - but I'm also a guitarist and into metal so I am ever so slightly biased.  But nah, I'd love to get something like this (maybe more epic - lord of the rings style) and remix it.  As far as classical music goes I know about as much as a mouse does on nuclear physics, but it sounds respectable compared to the famous stuff I've heard.  Good recording quality too, so all round well done!
#7April 30th, 2007 · 04:04 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Hey sounds good to me!!  Jim didn't hit it to far off when it said what he did below.. lol.. but rather then the guitar having some millage, I thought sword was the one that had some millage on him??? rofalol.... j/k Fish is the best!!  The way I hear a guitar part is more like a very distinct classical movement!  But other than that, it's great the way it is... good job dude...  to much else would be way to busy and confusing!!!

blessings,

Dan - Blueyes

Jiminuk wrote…
Not bad going for a first concerto.  Well, not quite a whole concerto, more like a concertina

The recording is crisp, timing and playing all good.
I like Sword's idea of the mega guitar doing the melody.... some mileage in that one!

:D
#8April 30th, 2007 · 06:05 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Wish I Had You
Strings are always welcome, in my book.  Give me that and a trio of french horns to go with my band and I'm a happy camper.  Mark
#9April 30th, 2007 · 10:21 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Not a bad composition at all, I know how difficult it is to compose something original in classical music
The recording is good and so is te mix, I'm not very sure about the Tympani maybe they are too crispy or too loud
Good job
Geo
#10April 30th, 2007 · 10:43 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I personally have no clue wow you write stuff like this so I'm in awe.As far as the guitar goes,hmmmm ,don't really think it would do this piece justice.The only thing I'm a little thrown off by is the musical symmetry is very square is too perfect, a touch of movement or swing would add the human element.But again what do I know I wouldn't even know were to start if I were to write something even remotely close to this
Anyway great job gets super vote
#11May 2nd, 2007 · 01:37 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
good
Composition is very good.
I like the polyphony lines quite a lot, think J.S. Bach fugues

Instrument attacks sound a bit sharp and I would work on the production

Great piece!
#12May 28th, 2007 · 12:37 PM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
Exercise.
....Another fab track to get them old fingers working on the keyboard......Marvellous.........
#13May 28th, 2007 · 12:39 PM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
and....
oooh.....and a little Harpsichord.....................
#14June 3rd, 2007 · 03:09 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Hmmm--for a first attempt, this is good.  Well recorded for the most part, and an original sounding piece.

The music is too forced and formed--try melding keys and recapitulating back to the tonal note towards the end.  The violins are played a little too forcefully.  Actually, every instrument seems to have a little too much attack.

The central theme is also a little repetitive.  The break at 1:35 didn't do the piece justice--I was expecting a mellow swing like development of the central theme into something crazy.  2:11 was nice.

I want more of this on Bandamp.
#15June 29th, 2007 · 04:34 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
i think its cool that you did this on your own. Orcestral work is hard
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.