#1August 6th, 2006 · 04:40 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Burnout
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 21 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-09

Got a few free months of time over the summer, so I've started messing around with FL studio.  This is my first full length attempt at a song in the program.  The only real idea I was trying to play with was alternating between low and high intensity sections in the song.  Im going to be studying film production in a years time so you could say its geared towards movie music.
-Edit-
Just listened to the song on the amp and it plays quieter than usual, so you may need to turn your headphones/speakers up a wee bit to appreciate it.  And yes, the first two drum loops are generic ones from the FL Studio when i was still trying to create my own, but the main riff's one I made.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2006 · 09:16 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
this song is very nice.....
good work...but got quite repeated after wards..
well it ok..though ...coz this kinda songs are liked this way!!!!

chao...
keep on bandamping!!!!

-Aks
#3August 13th, 2006 · 05:48 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Yeah, I agree it is repetitive.  I think that is a combination of me just experimenting, as well as having a certain movie scene in mind that I will be making in a few months from now.  Cheers for the comments though!
#4August 13th, 2006 · 06:43 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yep , melody is too poor, break it  with something completely different and it will be great!

very nice work though, love those big low percussive sounds(dont know the english name for it)

what do you call this style? urban-trance-techno-jungle-dance?
#5August 13th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Burnout
fine .....................
if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck .................... its a duck??
this does exactly as it says on the tin

you explain your concept well and achieve it .............. good 'Flooping'

the fish
#6August 13th, 2006 · 08:50 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
sounds good.

I think I'd listen to this outside of a movie.

as far as the movie goes... I'm getting underworld style images, you know, vampires, fighting, shiny black jackets and all that
#7August 14th, 2006 · 12:10 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
MaxdB wrote…
yep , melody is too poor, break it  with something completely different and it will be great!

Hahaha yes, its just three notes throughout (except for the high-bells bit of course) on different octaves and a whole load of different instruments.  If I still had the edit file somewhere I would love to put in a different bit, but unfortunatley I made it on a demo version of FL Studio. 
The movie scene it is aimed at is actually a chase scene, and yes, there will be shiny black jackets involved lol.
#8August 14th, 2006 · 02:17 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this is... movie trance techno alright. I see a sci fi metropolis down town turn into a plasma burst warzone with this... Lots of innocent bystanders dodging burning speeders as they slide and crash into futuristic buildings... the bad guy does not get caught... the terminator fails for now

no seriously, I think this'll do as a movie track. so stick with it.
#9September 3rd, 2006 · 03:51 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
If I would start with FL would I produce the same stuff?
#10September 3rd, 2006 · 04:31 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
If I would start with FL would I produce the same stuff?
If you download the demo and play around learnign how to use it for about a day, then considering the stuff you put out im sure you would be able to do amazing things with it.  I still haven't bothered to learn how to use the effects panel yet.  If I had the money I would buy it, but to get anythign half decent your looking at around $200-300 bucks, so I just stick with the demo and hybernate my computer until i can afford to buy it.
#11September 3rd, 2006 · 10:20 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
actully i could picture this in a club of some sort... proubly underground music playing club where all the cool kids hang out  though i agree yu need a slightly small boom to break the repeitiveness... or maybe a biger boom? who knows? any way in joyed this fl studio is always kicking my butt, (i sill cant work the darn thing properly) so i give you two cookies today. one for a cool song, and the other for being able to figure out fls props and cookies for you. and you should feel spechil, i dont EVER give two cookies, this is the first time for this. i only give one cookie. but in your case you now have two cookies on one song.

go you!

the other papercut-
alittlepaperdoll
#12September 5th, 2006 · 10:41 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Sheesh
Haha pap. 2 cookies is a FEAT man... i didn't even get 1 cookie for my FL studio song its chops v2 if you wanna look. I like yours more than mine.

Your first attempt was better than my first attempt!

Kudos.
#13September 7th, 2006 · 03:33 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Yea, this is really good for a first attempt on FLStudio, even got some nice transitions in the song, changes in the beat, the levels are good for the most part, this really well done, im impressed nice variations and breaks in the beat help keep the song changing and interesting, good work
#14September 11th, 2006 · 12:07 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool sounds scape
cool sounds it gives to the imagination. guess i need to get some fruity loops for my ownself.
#15September 11th, 2006 · 07:07 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
hehe i still say this earns two cookies i gave my second two cookie song today! hahaha! you'll never guess to who!

(i still think this song rox)

still the other paper cut

paper doll
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.