#1August 4th, 2006 · 02:54 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
The Dark

This song is not in a battle

I'm still addicted to that buzzy bass sound. I've used it far too much!
Lyrics to come, eventually.
Starts off sorta dark, but gets a bit nicer.
Got a myspace music account, so I can have my own songs playing in the background of my myspace profile.
I did boycott myspace for a while, because its full of scene whores, but its cheaper than a phone, and the blogs actually works properly

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 4th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like the buzzy bass sound. it makes me feel tingly all over.

anyway, I'm still boycotting myspace even though the blogs actually work. it's just the 40-some adware / malware infections I get each time I get loggin on there...

maybe in some future, when people stop ignoring euro artists, I may be back there.

but apart from that.... nice tune you got here once again, ms PD. very atmospheric - ... I love the dark. can't wait for the lyrics, really... and perhaps it could use some real guitar parts in there too... some choppy distorted chords even... all in all it's well balanced as it is. your intros and build up seem to be getting better and better, ... now for the real climax - and consecutive cool down... would make this an awesome track. I can't stress it enough: you've got tons of potential... just... let it RIP*!

*that's a lame sort of genre related play on words there....
#3August 6th, 2006 · 11:01 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
I like this...nice beat to go with the music...what you call dark ..I call mellow...easy to listen to for me...this has loads of potentail....what kind  of lyrics  if any do you have in mind?   Myspace isnt so bad..I dont have a problem with my account on it.....alot of people do listen to music on myspace..which is all i use it for...like Bandamp...there are alot of listeners.....Nice work here

Ralph
#4August 14th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Nice vibe- especially the first 2 mins. The snare is too 'in your face' to compliment the style of the music IMO and at the 2 min mark when the tempo is upped I find that all I'm listening to is the snare.
Be interested to hear what this sounds like with lyrics.
I like dark and the sound you have here is appealing but for me the snare needs to be tempered a little to let the rest of the soundscape come out of itself.
#5August 14th, 2006 · 01:49 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
good song. or start anyway.

nice buzzy bass...

what do you use for synths?
#6August 22nd, 2006 · 03:50 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great dark sounding stuff from the Porcelain Doll!

I guess the synths used were the vst instruments that PX sent you - you've used that bass  pretty damn well

It definitely needs vocals too - and your voice would suit this really well I think.

Hopefully, you'll still get a chance to work on this soon and get it finished.

#7October 25th, 2006 · 04:49 PM
5 threads / 3 songs
17 posts
United Kingdom
Your music is amazing, really amazing.

Once I've got some more of my proper stuff recorded I'd love for you to check it out and maybe we could even collaborate on some stuff in the distant future.

I actually think the snare fits this song really well. Without it I'd be tempted to fall into a fantastic sleep... no offence intended.

Whereabouts in the UK do you live? Message me if it's easier.
#8October 25th, 2006 · 07:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Dark
lovely.................. it sort of needs a voice but stands up without.......I dunno is this work in progress?

vote warm getting hot
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.