1 2

#1August 3rd, 2006 · 12:28 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Horsepower

This song is not in a battle

Holy Bandamp hiatus Batman! Okay, now that i have your attention... this song was recorded a few months ago, but I didn't get around to converting it until yesterday.

The drums are mojomonkeymusic loops. The bass and guitars are myself.

I would appreciate comments on the general quality.

Btw, stick around until the end of the song... there's a suprise!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 3rd, 2006 · 02:40 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I have to be honest with you...I was beginning to fall asleep and then holy fuck ROCK ON! The beginning was well played and you had some nice licks I just got off of work and the bass was so mellow it had me in a day dream. Good job.
#3August 3rd, 2006 · 02:56 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
thx.

don't forget to rate!
#4August 3rd, 2006 · 04:28 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
starts off very smooth and mellow...like eating icecream in the sun...then it picks up a little (uh-oh - the icecream is melting now!) then it's all cool again...and then..oh no! some one is trying to steal my icecream...there's a fight..and a car chase...and flames..

good tune leVee...I thought the quality was pretty good in my headphones..and I liked your playing 
#5August 4th, 2006 · 03:42 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
yeah..it good..
but not very good!!
#6August 4th, 2006 · 09:09 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
The quality is excellent, the drums SOUND good but they are definitely not in time with the guitar. They sound really good but they are quite obviously out of time with the guitar especially coming back into the basic beat after the fills. I don't really know much about midi drums but i hope im not the only one hearing it. I really liked the mood and the tone of the song. It's really nicely set out with great ideas flying everywhere.

Like at the one minute mark, it's really nice how it progresses but it loses the impact with the drums sounding as if they are making mistakes. Surprisingly enough the drums sound really good, almost real even... by far the best sounding midi drums ive ever heard but also probably the most out of time aswell... i dont know who to blame there but because noone else has really mentioned it i thought i should.

The ending was really good, lets hear more power though! i dont just want guitars roaring (maybe thats cos im not a guitarist...) but lets hear the drums and the bass roar with it, you played the rock beat on the drums but add more crashes... give us some more bang at that ending.
#7August 4th, 2006 · 02:28 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
needs a b3. definately
#8August 4th, 2006 · 03:45 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Note to Chill: These are not midi drums, and they are not out of time. They are actual drums... that's what mojomonkeymusic does, actual drum loops... therefore, I dont think they are out of time, just using a non-standard rythm...I used a different drum fill each 2nd measure... some sound odd, but I like that sound... and yes, they are all the same bpm, and in time...

maybe I should've mentioned it was recorded (and conceived) in 4 hours...

as for the end, the lead guitar was way too loud... it is just out of proportion... when I listen to the whole song, it always hurts my ears at the end... should I turn it down to be more "in proportion" with the rest? I think also I should add a second rythm guitar, just to give it more CRUNCH... waddaya think?
#9August 4th, 2006 · 03:46 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
btw, Triton, what's a "b3"?
#10August 10th, 2006 · 03:36 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Germany
dude !!!

the hammond b3 ?! the most legendary organ in the universe !!!

nice song. i like the icecream part very nice and clean guitar sound at the beginning.

The Bonbon Rosé
#11August 10th, 2006 · 06:32 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
hmmm.... it's a Hammond Organ he's after...

I actually had the same idea, but I didn't know that's what a "b3" was... thx for explaining...and thx to Triton for exposing my ignorance

that idea s a keeper. I suppose I'll re-record the whole thing... (sigh). I now have a nice sound card, mixer, and an SM58 for vox (may add some... if there are any lyrics that are worthwhile for it...)

thx for the comments, and YES, a b3 could take the part of the rythm guitar... give the whole thing a "Floyd Feel" sweet
#12August 11th, 2006 · 03:02 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yup a Hammond would fill in some of the sound gaps that I feel are there with this song.

As far as the drums being out of time are concerned........ I don't think they are!  BUT there are a few points when the guitar playing goes out a little, although you recover it very well.    My guess is that you recorded guitar to a click track and then added the drums after.  The quantizing of the drums is probably spot on, as they're created in software from real drum loops, but you didn't quite manage to keep the live guitar playing spot on as the click track was a little quiet when you recorded it!

That said, this is a great sounding mellow-to-rocky track, that's well recorded, well constructed, and nicely played.

Very enjoyable
#13August 27th, 2006 · 11:32 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
dude...
This is so so nice.....

I don't know where you went, but now your back, and this is what you have brought back with you... hmm...  Tell me where you went, I wanna go... 
       seriously though, this is really cool.....

I like it very much....
                             JimK
#14August 29th, 2006 · 09:57 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
yes, definitely needs a B3, with a real Leslie, not an electronic imitation!

And that is in addition too, not replacement of the rhythm guitar.
#15September 6th, 2006 · 04:24 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
54 posts
Canada
what a difference a year makes
i listened to all of your songs anfd i have to say you keep improving with almost everysong i was especially impressed with how your soloing has progressed keep jammin man
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.