#1July 28th, 2006 · 02:10 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Our Last Love Song

This song is not in a battle

Hi All,
Long time! Its been a crazy, hot-as-hell summer, family, work, and the occasional sleepless nights. This song is a deviation from my other stuff, but life is full of 'em- deviations. So I'm gonna throw it out there and let you'll enjoy this one, or not, either ways, as always, your comments and suggestions are welcome. This tune is dedicated to one of my biggest influences Greg Dulli from the Afghan Whigs/The Twilight Singers. If you know his stuff, you'll probably find a hint of Dulli in there somewhere.
Cheers
-AOB
http://www.thelibrans.com

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 28th, 2006 · 04:41 PM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
I'm not familiar with Greg Dulli, but I think it sounds a bit like early '90s Rush.

Okay, so the melody, for the most part, hovers around between the minor third and the fifth of the... I want to say key of E minor.  Just tossing that out as a guess, my pitch is usually pretty on but not always.  But then, for most of melody, you're singing a flatted fifth instead of the fifth - a B flat rather than a B natural.  If this were my song, I'd make most of those B naturals, simply because it would fit better with the ninth in the guitar.
#3July 28th, 2006 · 07:03 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
In general it sounds good, but I think the voice is over saturated.
I could sound a bit like Rush, bur to be Rush you need more rock.
I like the guitar sound. Just fix the voice, cause it don't fits the song style.

> Iszil
#4July 29th, 2006 · 09:14 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
An interesting theme. The builtup is ok.  I dont like the distorted vocals. but it is a nice composition and worth to listen to. Thinkin about downloading it. Would like to see this live on stage
#5July 29th, 2006 · 11:04 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The music rocks big time!
But yes I agree about the vocals - I'd like to hear them clean.  I don't think they suit the otherwise clear quality of the rest of the track.
Good construction
Nicely played
#6July 31st, 2006 · 12:16 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Vocal Distortion
Thanks y'all, this is good stuff. I mean, I felt that the vocal effects went well, but hey, thats what I'm here for! Awesome, I sure will try cleaning the vocals up. Thanks again. Hope to upload this with cleaner vocals soon.
#7July 31st, 2006 · 01:52 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Good production, very loud, but the vox are distorted and fuzzy. Look forward to your next version!
#8August 4th, 2006 · 10:42 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Iszil wrote…
In general it sounds good, but I think the voice is over saturated.
I could sound a bit like Rush, bur to be Rush you need more rock.
I like the guitar sound. Just fix the voice, cause it don't fits the song style.

> Iszil

Exactly my thoughts
#9August 10th, 2006 · 05:06 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Yeah, maybe make the vocals cleaner, not completely shiny tho, keep a lil of the fuzz, i like vocal animation with a bit of FX.

The track gets a small bit monotonous in terms of the melody repetition.maybe pull out a guitar and locate a scale that might offer some new melody notes for the places you want to take the song.Sing it out with a groovy melody and this tune would be sweet.
Keep it up
#10August 25th, 2006 · 12:33 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok.... I guess I saved the best for last.. LOL

coz this is the last song left to rate in the battle, for me, and I really really like it.

The only thing I might wanna say is that the vocal effect is just a little bit too much. I like distortion to vox, but this is coming off a bit... hmm.. muffled, and digital, or so... just not really that thing I'd like to hear.

But .... the mood, the production, is ace!

well done!
#11August 25th, 2006 · 02:27 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very good song. For me, the sound of the vocals fits well during the chorus but I'd agree that elsewhere they need to be a little cleaner. The track is maybe a little too long also, but other than that, it's a definite thumbs up. Good mood. Clean instrumental production.

Nice one. Well done.
#12August 26th, 2006 · 07:24 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i like the song, didnt like the vocal style, too depressed on this bright instrumentation to me.., loved the background vox btw!

if you redo this you might think of another tone for the lead?btw. i didn't mind the effects

lots of high mid frequencies which made me wonder if you boosted them a lot with your eq.
i did that a lot too on my band recordings, but after that i learned to cut the frequencies instead, sounds so much more natural

hope to hear the new version once!
#13August 26th, 2006 · 12:27 PM
4 posts
United Kingdom
me being a slight virgin to the computer thang.....had problems with the vox but got it now!

not my type of music.....but  itz kool 
#14August 27th, 2006 · 11:58 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey..
All that has been said, all I can do is say the same thing... Clean the vox a bit, and it's a hit...

Love it....

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.