1 2

#1July 27th, 2006 · 09:20 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Since

This song is not in a battle

Hi all

Now that the summer hols are here I really wanted to get something uploaded on the site.

If you listened to Funkytown, which I did with Swordfish, you would have seen that I am fairly new to all things Cubase.

This is just a ditty that I did to try and learn some Cubase techniques.  PLEASE DON'T VOTE!!!!

It took about an hour and a half and I know that the guitar is pretty ropey as is the singing (I did it after midnight so had to sing really quietly).  I hate fade outs but again it was practice for using automation.

Comments very much appreciated, constructive criticism especially!

Cheers
PRG

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 27th, 2006 · 04:49 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I like it...seems a little repetitive though...I think I'd like the background melodies to change up a bit...and yeh - the fade out leaves something to be desired...

"you took the car..." lol !!

and too bad for you..I am going to vote anyways...it's my way of being helpful...
#3July 27th, 2006 · 04:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
so what's wrong with it? okay it's not perfect, but a hell better that a bunch of stuff on this site!

(don't quote me on that btw )

since... since what? I like the guitar tone... I like the backing pattern of drums an odd synth. It makes me think of the overgrown barn behind my uncle's farmhouse. I don't know how I made that association.... But even after a couple of listens I still feel that way

this is a lovely song. I can hear your relation to Swordfish... I suddenly feel like 19th century Paris' art scene... I'm keeping the door open to whatever the heck I mean by saying that..... It's too precious

I like the tune yeah...Wanna hear more from you.... You have style... That is good...

Strum on...
#4July 27th, 2006 · 04:56 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
I liked this nice and mellow. The melody is kinda monotone, but that's what put me in this mellow mood

#5July 27th, 2006 · 06:43 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments so far.  Hopefully I'll be posting some more on here shortly.
PuppetXeno.  Since What?  Since You've Been Gone.  I couldn't fit the whole title in the space provided when I uploaded the song.  And your comments are..very deep!
I'm going to take a degree in philosophy and see if I can understand them at the end!

Cheers
PRG
#6July 28th, 2006 · 12:07 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
sounds good to me too
I like it nice easy going tune, for just getting cubebase down the mix is good too.
#7July 28th, 2006 · 01:12 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
one word: pimp

~tha squizz

King of A-G-T South

Arlington (AGT), Texas
#8July 29th, 2006 · 10:29 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Interesting song. 
It needs some work on the instrumentation but to quote Puppet:
PuppetXeno wrote…
so what's wrong with it? okay it's not perfect, but a hell better that a bunch of stuff on this site!
Oh, he said not to quote him!

#9July 29th, 2006 · 12:56 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Hey man

I like the song, altough perhaps a bit much of the same.. but for a midnight production this is quite good! Also the singing is good despite the fact you had to sing quietly.

Keep up the good work

Greetz

RazoR
#10July 29th, 2006 · 01:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Since
As seen from afar this is great .......................

First one always the hardest.....

Wont vote OK

Buy u a pint when i get bak

lol fish n soo
#11July 29th, 2006 · 02:20 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
well yeah ..its good...
could be worked upon...

it is rreally something you call...a bit of a noodle...
but still it has some different style of its own....

too bad u didnt allow me to vote....

well its ok...

but i am not very good either...and so cant really gie you that sort of  a advise...
which you want....

your singing...
it was good...
but use a better mike and some better effect and the you have a great voice with great style!!!!

willing to hear from you....
-Aks
#12July 29th, 2006 · 07:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments so far.  I've listened to this a couple of times since posting it and it is repetitive and very much a noodle.  I am working on a new project and hope to post it here in the next few days.

Fish.  I look forward to seeing you and Sue on your return.  Am I right that you return on Wed?  Hope you've enjoyed your jaunt to Poland.  You missed a good gig tonight.
#13August 16th, 2006 · 05:43 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I can see what everyone is saying, but for me? It's not repetitive.

The only thing that could make this better from my point of view is a better mix. Vox sound to flat and muffled, bass too high? mid/high too low? Guitar sounds good, but I think a less sharp tone could benefit. Maybe panned a bit more, to make it sound like more of a background sound, but not too much. A little echo perhaps? These are just suggestions.

I like the song. I especially liked the beginning. Synth, drums, bass all sound great. Makes me want to hear more.
#14August 16th, 2006 · 06:15 PM
3 posts
United States of America
this song rocks! i wish i could write some music like this
#15August 22nd, 2006 · 08:58 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Bangladesh
nice theme. suits it
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.