#1July 19th, 2006 · 07:08 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Silence

This song is not in a battle

Ok here's my interpretation of Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode... I only took out a little part of the melody, but it's not exactly the same and the lyrics and the rest of the song are different... so I think it's not a cover - maybe not battle material but I think it's worth that you give it a look.

Lyrics are

Silence

the sky is rolling (are)
crimson clouds approach (you)
the wind left sand in the remains (are)
little flower on the wall closed its blossom (you)
as it knows the time has come (afraid)

and the world still rushes through outer space
turns around around to hide its ugly face
little raindrops fall silently on the ground
as the last human being takes a sip
with bitter acid taste
(violence - silence)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2006 · 07:52 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Yay Depeche Mode! ^_^

I can definately hear the influence from the original in those synths, and the guitar part. One suggestion would be to give the song more motion (the original does move considerably faster) and to add some drums in the background. Also the balance is somewhat off, bring the vocals up some and the guitar down some.

Great song inpsired by a great band!
#3July 19th, 2006 · 08:37 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
I love depeche mode!

But I have to say, it doesnt sound anything like enjoy the silence, which is good. It's quite creative.

The vocals are confusing and hard to understand.

Oh wow, the guitar just came in, yep I rember that from Enjoy the Silence.

Overall I don't know what to think about it. I like the melody, but your voice completley takes away from the atmosphere of the track.
#4July 19th, 2006 · 08:41 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
31 posts
Portugal
Its funny that I did the other way I round....I recorded a song but had no lyrics so I grabbed a Depeche Mode booklet of some best of and started singing with enjoy the silence's lyrics but they werent enough so I moved on to Policy of truth to finish my singing duties. LOL

This is cool man and DM is always DM
#5July 25th, 2006 · 07:17 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I don't like the vocal delivery - it's too depressive.  Actually, I feel that way about the mood of the whole song.
That said, it's all recorded very well.  The instruments are clear, with a good choice of sounds.  Guitar sounds great! I like the bass too
The vocals are too muddy in places though, and a little too far back in the mix
Ending's pretty good - I would have like the last note to be sustained for longer.
Not bad stuff though
#6December 22nd, 2006 · 12:22 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
The Mode indeed
Amused, i think you have a good voice that for some reason it feels you are hiding it among the backup vocals and double tracking. One easy fix for this concept to come out as tangible, IMO  ofcourse, is to make the main vocal track mono, and then make the backups stereo, maybe left channel or something like that, and the backups to be less pronounced and reverbed lower volume than main vocals), main vocals not too much verb,just a bit.
While the vocal parts are on, the guitar riff needs to be stepped down in volume bit so it doesnt over power the main vocals, overall the guitar parts need to be lowered in volme a bit. This is a well inspired piece!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.