#1July 19th, 2006 · 05:14 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
37 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
The Dreaming Soul

This song is not in a battle

Hello!

This song is instrumental guitar song, witch I recorded before several month, but i was not sure, if I put on the net, but here it is....

The song is very simple, and to me is very nice, but i want your opinion, specially critics, and suggestions, specially about recording, because, maybe trought recording process I make same errors...over and over....

Greeting!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2006 · 06:29 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
This is a pretty nice song. Free-flowing. Altho it's a rather thin sound. If you have a decent keyboard around, try finding a nice fat pad sound and record it in stereo to lay under the track (just play fifths for the chord you're on). That should fatten up the sound some. Also try panning things more, try putting the guitar over to the right 20% or so, and the leads over to the left, or vice-versa.

Overall it's a rather calm piece, easy to listen to.
#3July 19th, 2006 · 11:35 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
like he said, very thin. The snare drum sample is not very good. You can make it better by adding variation to the velocities and adding reverb to the snare. I really like the other sounds though, really great. The electric guitar is quite out of place though, perhaps if it was less distorted.
#4July 25th, 2006 · 06:43 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Listening (critically) as I type.... nice easy introduction to the piece, very pleasant blending of sounds.  Perhaps a little too quiet.
Not enjoying the sound of the wah'd guitar - it cuts through the rest too much; everything else is "soft and round" by comparison.  But the lead line it plays it very good.
I'd like the drums to do something more interesting in places too, they just plod on.
The recording is pretty good - the individual instruments are a little indistinct, so perhaps you could think about making each track a little more "bright", with the exception of the lead guitar of course! The backing instruments are also all too quiet right through the whole track.

Overall this is nice work though.  A very "easy" listen spoiled only by the choice of sound for the lead guitar

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.