#1July 19th, 2006 · 02:03 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Symphonic Waltz

This song is not in a battle

A true break in style for me, this was my first peice in which I tried to write a classical symphony. I suppose this could be considered a demo for a full symphony, as it only lasts three minutes. Each movement is esentially a mini movement laying out the theme for various movements of a full length symphony that I may or may not write in the future.

The first movement is a little similar to Canon in D, using major melodic scales and smooth harmonies.

The second movment is a minor waltz which I sort of wanted to make sound itallian, but it got off somewhere.

The third section is a simple bridge in the style of some early austrian waltzes.

The fourth movment is highly influenced by baroque music, its a fast movment based mostly on the exchange of the high and low registers.

The fifth and movment is another waltz, this time in the romantic style.

Made entirely in FL studio using an orchestral plugin.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
nice classical feel
#3July 24th, 2006 · 11:50 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It almost inspires me to learn how to use Fruity Loops properly......... but not quite.

This has a nice feel, and some of the orchestration is really good.

It's a bit too fast moving (in terms of the different movements) for a real classical piece though, even a modern classic - but wow, it's very well done.

#4July 24th, 2006 · 01:06 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Hi

I really like the idea of something like this making it onto this site.  The music is nicely put together.  To make it sound a bit more authentic (if that is what you want to do) I would replace the piano with a mixture of strings/woodwind.  For example in the waltz sections you could have the Double Basses playing the "bums"!!! and the higher strings playing the "cha-chas"  It's only an idea as you don't often hear piano as part of an orchestra unless it is playing a concerto.  Sometimes in modern pieces the piano makes an appearance but...it is your choice, I'm not criticising but merely expressing my point of view as a former orchestral musician.

Overall I like it and think you should persevere with it and make it a longer composition.

Woohoo!!

PRG
#5July 24th, 2006 · 07:33 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
thanks. The reason its so piano-heavy is because I originally composed it on my piano and later decided to add in a full orchestra.

If I ever write this out into a full composition I will definatley start with a top-down approach, writing for individual instruments rather than just writing for the piano and adding accompaniment later.
#6July 31st, 2006 · 10:23 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
suburbia
Hey this is pretty fun to listen to! But I don't mean to burst your bubble but the next album (the one that includes the song cycle suburbia symposium) will kinda be the exact opposite of the whole concept of this.
#7July 31st, 2006 · 10:26 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
lol, I never inteded this for our band broderick, it was just an experiment.
#8August 25th, 2006 · 09:20 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Really creative and interesting piece. Would love to hear it with an actually symphony especially the pizzacato part. Got a little repetative though by the end, felt that it could really use a bit more interesting harmony in a number of parts, key change, accidentals just something to keep the audience a little more on their toes. So far though a great composition. Good luck.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.