#1July 9th, 2006 · 09:41 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
37 posts
United States of America
The Craft

This song is not in a battle

This song was inspired by me to break the sterotypical misconceptions of wiccan/witchcraft.  But I will be the first to admit that it is a song that you either like it or you hate it and there is no gray area for it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 9th, 2006 · 11:39 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Well I like it,however I feel a little cheated.I kept waiting for a loud distorted guitar with a Kurt Cobain driven vocal line behind it but it never came Honestly if it was there I would give this a 90%.Lyrics are great,message is great and the delivery is great.I really really really think you should consider this
#3July 10th, 2006 · 03:25 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
hmm yeah I agree this is a mad song but i felt like it was leading up to something big and it never really came. Chuck some heavy rock in the middle somewhere and it will be awesome !!!  
#4July 10th, 2006 · 11:26 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
The thought occured to me that if you're trying to buck the misconceptions about Wicca then you should have wrote a happy, upbeat, non-threatening sounding song! lol 

That thought aside, I do really like the music you've created here...the vox sound a little dispassionate and deadpan to me, but perhaps that's the sound you're going for.  And I do agree with Basket Case and JT, that bringing in some heavy guitar sounds would really add nicely to this.  Keep the songs coming!
#5July 10th, 2006 · 05:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
haha, this is the exact same chord progression - and almost the same vocal style - as a tune I did in '93, called "Demon's Den - the 2nd Pit". And I too, never changed the chord progression throughout the entire song.

"Nothing evil in what I do, from the start until I'm through" nice nice, but why so dark?

says he who wrote Acid Son....

I would have loved to hear some percussion in here. Something acoustic that is, shaker, tamborines, like that. A real violin would have been uber cool, but a good vst could do an adequate job too.

Anyway, good luck!

#6November 4th, 2011 · 11:30 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
United States of America
I like the subject matter.  I agree with others that it felt like it should have kicked in at some point with some heavy guitars/drums.  But good nonetheless.  Definitely a dark song that invokes a lot of great imagery.  It needs a video 
#7November 7th, 2011 · 03:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
To break the sterotypical misconceptions of wiccan/witchcraft .... ?  
What that wicca is not hypnotic, mono-tonal, dark, moody, a bit boring, leaving you with the feeling that there's some orgasmic evil r&r going to burst out from its seams ... but it never does !! ?

Good build up ... a good chant ... a 'proper' song would follow the way it is meant to lead, in this case it should break out into rock and role damnation like everyone listening hears.

Ask Brian !    
#8November 11th, 2011 · 05:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Craft
DarkTear wrote…
This song was inspired by me to break the sterotypical misconceptions of wiccan/witchcraft.  But I will be the first to admit that it is a song that you either like it or you hate it and there is no gray area for it.

this guy last heard from 2006
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.