#1April 30th, 2005 · 01:00 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
United Kingdom
Simple Stuff
Score: 60.4%
Battle: 2005-08

I borrowed my friends drum machine and made a heavy beat which (in theory, anyway!) contrast the smooth guitar picking... Please tell me what you think!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 30th, 2005 · 11:37 PM
21 posts
United States of America
It's good for a rhythm of a song but it lacks a strong lead.  I was really into it but I felt like I was always waiting for some kind of pick up or leading part.
#3July 31st, 2005 · 09:24 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
27 posts
United States of America
The cymbals didn't really fit the song until it went into the reggae beat. Otherwise it a good track and has a groovy feel.
#4August 2nd, 2005 · 08:20 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Interesting song, with some hypnotic guitars. Lacks a bit of focus for me too...but I liked it
#5August 5th, 2005 · 08:13 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
Not feeling the drum machine...
interesting build, consider putting the bass line first, i dunno, i just didn't like this song till the bass line came in.

And Where's The Vocals??

this song needs some vocals.

And the two parts of the song didn't exactly contrast the best.

all in all, i kinda liked it, but it needs the vocals.

Oh and a real drummer.
really, no more drum machines like that.

Kinda Repetitive.

-- The girl's opinion --

I'm not sure if i'm feeling the drum machine either, but if it's all you had to work with: a job well done.  I also liked when the bass came in.

But what i really focused on was the guitar. I think it was simply interesting. It sticks out in my mind, something that i might be stuck with all day because it was almost catchy.

Finally, um, i don't know if i like how the song changed mood in the middle. I guess the only plus was that it saved us from the other's repetition. Maybe the two would stand better on their own.
#6August 7th, 2005 · 08:41 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
26 posts
United States of America
choppy
not a bad little catchy tune.  i think id have to say i like the bass line the best.

the drums are probably the weakest part to me.  they seem really choppy and dont really flow that well to my ear, and makes it hard to listen to.  the bass line, although good, is also really choppy and uneasy to the ear.

i also agree that the song changing in the middle just doesnt fit at all.  it makes no sense to change like that.
#7August 7th, 2005 · 02:01 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
it's a good song...you just need vocals! I found the beat very catchy but it seems kinda weak, especially after about 30 seconds. Try to put some catchy vocals in there with a strong voice and you got a hit!
#8August 8th, 2005 · 08:26 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Your song goes from slow offbeat techno to reggae back to slow offbeat techno?  Interesting idea but I don't think this will work for many people.  Vocals would make your composition work better.
#9August 15th, 2005 · 02:02 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
simple stuff
love the reggae

and the smooth guitar

but u lose in the mix ----- too much bass --  not enuf time i'm sure, but the guitar is lovely so why didnt u wait to mix???there is always september..... post more please.
#10August 16th, 2005 · 01:15 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Malaysia
Awesome guitar picking
i really like this song, especially the picking part and the bass. melodious!!
#11August 17th, 2005 · 07:04 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Nice ideas... the drum machine may be okay if you got rid of those double bass shots... sounding a little too dance clubby for my liking and more inportantly doesn't fit the song.  Interesting line on top too... what is it?  Middle part was really cool too... almost another song encapsulated inside.
#12August 25th, 2005 · 09:15 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
34 posts
United Kingdom
Is it hammer time? No, it's OUTTA TIME!!! I really like your stuff though. If you had a good producer or something , this track could live up to the high standards set by...um....this track? Make it so. Please.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.