#1June 18th, 2006 · 09:50 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Sword and Death

This song is not in a battle

Third one.

Started from scratch after I posted King of Carcassonne last week.

This one is about a video game character headed straight to death (Isn't that great? Anyway, they all die 99% of the time. When they don't, it's because they won and the game is suddenly boring)

Lyrics (primitive I know, but what do you expect from a video game character anyway)

Sword and Death

Deep down
There’s a forest of life unknown
Deep down
There’s a forest of death, your own!
And you’re the only one alone
And you’re the only one

Way down
There’s a sword engraved in your name
Way down
A tombstone awaits the same
And you’re the only one to blame
And you’re the only one

Over there? Oh oh
There’s a shadow in the darkness
Oh no!
A tree, a soul, Oh oh
There’s evil in the nest
Oh no!

And you raise your sword so high
And you pray the gods of light
And you heart is bleeding might
In fear

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 18th, 2006 · 10:39 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
good stereo working. Yeah your voice reminds me of Jethro Tull singer, dont know his name exactly now.....
But I like the Irish influences (or scottish?)
Idea is great and performance is good (not 100 %) for me. Lyrics are cool. I like them and they fit the song or the music fits the lyrics... well done
#3June 18th, 2006 · 10:48 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
My voice
Triton

You're not the only one who says my voice resembles that of Jethro tull's singer Ian Anderson. I think that, after a few songs made, I agree that he sings like  me! (hehehe, just kidding!). "Thick as a  Brick", one of my favourites. (Does not make me any younger now, that seems like ages ago!)

Thanks for the vote anyway...

See ya
#4June 24th, 2006 · 01:33 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Wow - the Ian Anderson similarity was quite striking to start off with, especially with the effects on the vocals!!! 

A pretty decent song - I like the mix, I like the construction, I like the playing....  the vocals are a little out in places, but not enough to cause offense!

I love the direction this takes at 2:15 - and at 2:54, did you ask Steve Hackett to add the guitar for you?

Nicely put together and recorded.

I enjoyed this
#5June 26th, 2006 · 01:19 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Steve Hackett!
Thanks Jiminuk for the nice comments and the vote!

I was waiting for someone to comment on the 2:15 switch. I know most people on this site are probably too young to know of the original "Genesis", but although this is by no means approaching their originality and complexity of the early 70s, I thought it had a bit of the sound from that point on. Hence, I guess, your comment about Steve Hackett. The strange guitar part (the evil) is played with "modern highgain" and "delay/swell" settings on a Line6 POD. I'm not ready for "metal" yet!

Anyway. Thanks again
#6June 26th, 2006 · 01:46 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
mwahaha, I think it's pretty cool!

Lyrics (primitive I know, but what do you expect from a video game character anyway)

mwhahaha.. were you playing Forbidden Forest, perhaps??? Okay, the music isn't creating that atmosphere, but still...

Yeah nice one. And for the record, I do have the original Genesis album somewhere... I can be caught humming "Silent Sun" every now and then still.. Though this is thanks to my dad... I admit
#7June 27th, 2006 · 12:06 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Genesis
Hehehe...

Forbidden forest? Don't know. Diablo? Could be (no music really, just  faint ambiance background sounds for all I recall)

I did not really mean the original original one. I meant the albums after that... I'm old, but not that old...
Original Genesis albums:    From Genesis to Revelation (Silent Sun), Tresspass, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb lies down on Broadway (After that, Gabriel leaves. Ok. I still like A Trick of the Tail, but then it all goes down...).

#8June 27th, 2006 · 12:16 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude....
ok... man....  

Takin me back....   Nice.......  Reminds me of high school....

This is the stuff I listened to.... sweet... only you took it and made it actually hip for today's young crowd... well done....  I like it.... 

Jim K

GOt my vote!
#9June 27th, 2006 · 09:35 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
High school
Hi Jim,

Hopin' your high school time was good. Never really left highschool myself as I still listen to that sutff (above) and haven't found a modern replacement. I guess the young crowd would call me a Progressive Dinosaur. A hip one that is...

Anyway, thanks for the vote...

SJ
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 5th, 2024 · 8:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.