Memories of a Past Forgotten

An instrumental I wrote.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 17th, 2006 · 08:12 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
hey nice idea
very nicely recorded but i gues u missed the tempo somewhere man..
but the idea is good..

u used the strings nicely..
#3June 17th, 2006 · 10:12 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
very nice...

I really like your style.... somewhat classical in approach...  very soft and honest...

This is an interesting piece....  I enjoy the fact that it is like a dueling banjo's type thing but with piano and strings...   you always come up with something unique and wonderful....

Jim K
#4June 19th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
I could see this song being a very good song to like play on the radio when people are lying in bed with the sleep timer ON on the radio and just drowsing away, it kind of sounds like an interview, first the banjo is it? not sure, the plucked instrument asks a question... then the strings answer that question.

I would have liked to see something more added, maybe not at the beginning but as the song progresses add things because to me (although i really cant name any song i like that is remotely connected to this style) it is just going nowhere and after it finished i didn't feel the song had a point... i'm not trying to sound harsh but for my young brain, that piece of music you played and recorded was just not enough to give me any sort of a reaction other than, what was that? i didn't like it, but i didn't hate it, although it didn't do anything for me... these are the questions that are floating around now so i don't know ill end it there
#5June 19th, 2006 · 10:00 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I think there's a definite mood transmitted by this song, it almost triggers me to hit Edirol Orchestra and record a decent version of it... But I won't... I think the idea is pretty interesting.

To me, music creation is transmitting moods and feelings, and this tune does it very well, it's got a fitting name "Memories of a Past". As a basis for a full blown construction it could go in many directions... From metal to synth pop to gothic rock to plain classical string ensemble. So... the production quality isn't good, but that's not the point of this little ditty.

So I vote accordingly
#6July 16th, 2006 · 04:57 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like the call and response song
like jim noted earlier I like the idea of the call and response that this piece has good song idea too. nice melody lines in there good job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.