#1June 17th, 2006 · 03:21 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
I Can Barely See You

This song is not in a battle

accidentally discovered bandamp tonight.  my music is just sitting around on my hard drives... somebody might want to hear them besides me.

this is one of my guitar things.  i always have  a guitar within reach and i kind of randomly play chords and bits.  sometimes something cohesive appears and i record it.

the full title would be (You are so far away) I Can Barely See You.  thinking about my girlfriend in thailand, and about distance in relations - even when she's sitting across the room from me she's so far away (not my thai girl, previous situations)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 17th, 2006 · 06:32 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
nice.

good guitar work.

drums.. machine? sampled?

hmm... heard a nasty buzzing in the right speaker for a bit near the beginning.

this has potential, but the drums should be varied a bit.. maybe add some backing instruments? bass?

otherwise.. good.
#3June 17th, 2006 · 08:19 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
its sweet song...
like the melody
#4June 18th, 2006 · 12:55 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
re: I Can Barely See You
Thaikarl wrote…
accidentally discovered bandamp tonight.  my music is just sitting around on my hard drives... somebody might want to hear them besides me.

this is one of my guitar things.  i always have  a guitar within reach and i kind of randomly play chords and bits.  sometimes something cohesive appears and i record it.

the full title would be (You are so far away) I Can Barely See You.  thinking about my girlfriend in thailand, and about distance in relations - even when she's sitting across the room from me she's so far away (not my thai girl, previous situations)

additional notes: (thanks for the comments!)  drums are a preset pattern on my Zoom MRT-3 drum machine.  i'm clueless when it comes to drums.  i was just trying to remember what i did to play this track.  thought i might have two guitar tracks on it, but i don't, i play the whole thing in one go.  the lead-in is abrupt, i'll have to find the .aiff file and see if it got lost in translation to mp3.  yes, bass would fill it out nicely.
#5June 24th, 2006 · 01:18 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
For a first posting, this is pretty good going!
Nice guitar playing - simple, effective.

The bass, and a more interesting drum line, would really make this into a decent track......
Oh, and get rid of that really annoying buzz that Taka mentions (which is there throughout, not just at the start!). 
Maybe add a bit of lead work too

- or am I asking too much

And welcome to Bandamp 
#6June 24th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
the buzz doesn't come thru my speakers...  i have to listen on someone elses computer.  or record the whole thing on multi-track.  i think i recorded this direct to my computer, with only two stereo tracks.  no room for bass or drum fills.  'preciate the comments.
#7June 30th, 2006 · 01:04 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
Nice song..I enjoyed listening to it..and...If you do brak out you music that you have around the house,,,and put it on bandamp...Im sure to listen to it

Ralph
#8September 6th, 2006 · 11:11 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice listen, good background music, really needs some vocals would make it top notch, love the bit that kicks in at 1:00 and again at 1:52, yea i get the buzzing sound as well, but other than that the recording is good quality,
#9September 6th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i loved this it was wonderfull, but to bring it up to the next step i beleave vocals would be awsome so think about it k? high vote from me

-the paper doll
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.