#1June 14th, 2006 · 08:51 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
World of My Heart

This song is not in a battle

This was an adventure. This was performed during a local open mic.  Since then, I've been wanting to capture it in MP3 format for uploading to get feedback on what others think about this song. For example, what artists do you hear when you hear this song. Yes, I know my mix of songs are diverse, so bear with my musical schizophrenia ;P...Plus, would love to hear what it makes YOU feel in general. Look forward to your thoughts....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 15th, 2006 · 02:35 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
hrmm.. not sure who you sound like.

I like the song. live you say? sounds pretty good. can't hear any noises going on in the background.

mm.. melancholy..

yet... uplifting? in spots

as far as quality goes, ok, so it's a live recording. white noise can't really be avoided. however, it does sound like your guitar is a bit out of tune. you might want to check that in the future..

anyway... cool.
#3June 15th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Hmmm...what artists does this remind me of?  Maybe a little bit like Ani Difranco...you clearly have a beautiful voice....maybe your guitar playing could be a bit better...but it the raw sound does work for you.  I like your lyrics too!
#4June 15th, 2006 · 02:41 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It creates an image of a dark smokey room; you're sitting on a four legged wooden stool, and you have a single spot light with a tight beam focused on you!

I like the song
I like the singing
The guitar needed tuning!

Very atmospheric
#5June 16th, 2006 · 12:12 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice song
i liked it very much
it made me remember my girlfrnd!!!!

well i guess the song is very romantic and the atmosphere created is really nice

nice work man
got my vote
#6July 7th, 2006 · 01:02 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
great voice... I'd like to hear a studio version of this.

The guitar playing could use some work.
#7July 11th, 2006 · 04:06 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
THanks for the advice and praises
Thanks...for all kind words and advice.  Been kind of low though considering my voice issues...I know I've been told many times to get it checked, but I have to go when my work schedule permits me,,,then again, I could call out sick! Aggg, maybe I'm not meant for music...anymore ;(...God giveth, and taketh away

PS...Actually, it was a song I played live in college but rerecorded in order to post here Sorry for the confusion
#8July 16th, 2006 · 05:11 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I think you have a great voice
If you still haven't got your voice back please get it checked out cause I really like it.
this would probably sound alittle better if the guitar was tuned better it's still good though.
You have alot of talent don't let it go.
#9October 1st, 2006 · 12:57 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
yes it is a beautiful song.

please dont give it up, girl!!

cuz u got talent!

n a fan in me..
#10October 1st, 2006 · 10:45 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
you have a good voice.
i hear no voice issues.
reminds me of......a female thom yorke,  but apart from that i cant really hear anyone else but you in your voice.
very emotional, and it comes across well.
some harmonies would be good on this btw.
whos to say if your meant for music or not..... its up to you, but i def dont think you should stop.
everyone has to work at music. even the most talented ppl in the world need to, so dont worry about that and just keep going with it.
#11October 1st, 2006 · 01:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
If you'd invest some time in recording techniques.... well I believe it will become a great tune.
Vocals are very nice though
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.