#1June 11th, 2006 · 10:36 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
King of Carcassonne

This song is not in a battle

Folks, second song (4th one in reality, because number 2 and 3 in progress pose some serious unresolved challenges)

Still alone playing everything
Still find it difficult to record voices (and everything else for that matter!)

I thank the neighbours for not calling the police
(had to shout pretty loud to record this one!)

Inspired by the great city of Carcassonne, a must see for medieval fans! (believe me!)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 11th, 2006 · 01:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: King of Carcassonne
different................very.....

it sometimes feels like its going backwards he he.......drum line scrambles my head.....

this first of yours i've heard .........and it gets very good from me......

this picture seems 2 fit the bill

the fish
#3June 12th, 2006 · 10:44 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Yep, the image fits in perfectly. The drum line was, how shall I say, expedited between two glasses of red wine. I typically build a standard line throughout to have a base rhythm to record the instruments on top. Then, when the song is finished, I add a few "alterations" to the main line at specific needed points and recopy it over the original line. But I find it hard to use those computer drums (Cakewalk software in this case), they are not very intuitive, like a drummer would be.
#4June 12th, 2006 · 02:40 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I really like the tone of the guitar - what kind is it? sounds like a schecter maybe?  I like your song...I think I would like to hear the vocals a bit cleaner maybe, less reverb, or whatever effect you're using.

Oh, and welcome to the amp!!
#5June 12th, 2006 · 02:43 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Very, very nice.

Vocals have timming problems and it's slightly off key at some points.  But I love that drums and the distorted rhythm guitar fits just well.

Mix is not quite good... maybe the vox is too loud... but can't really tell what's wrong.

Nice chorus. . .  great solo!
#6June 12th, 2006 · 09:09 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Thanks Spoon and Aetheris

Here's what I have:

- Guitar:         Epiphone Les Paul standard.
- Effects:        POD line 6 (V 2.0 for tecchies) for guitar effects¸
- Recording:    Cakewal studio 2004 to record

The setting was simple:    Tube preamp, no effects (although there is a distorted line somewhere in there, I think this is where I'm off key with the voice! Ah yes, and of course, the solo is line 6's own distortion setting)

The vocals definitely need to be cleaner. I'm experimenting a bit.  Believe it or not, the chorus lines at the end were recorded by a 5$ computer microphone. AS for the rest, I tried a more expensive one but I did not have time to play too much with it yet.

I'm finding difficult to give "presence" to the voices. I wish there could be a "button" for presence, but I don't have one (like on some CD players). I don't like computer generated chorus. Most of what I played on this is recorded twice to give it a natural chorus (of course, can't do that with a band!).

Thanks for the comments guys, keep on writing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.