#1June 9th, 2006 · 03:12 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Suicide
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-01

you might have heard me ranting about this one in the chat...

the "dead end song"

anyway, I guess... not so dead-end after all... or is it?

btw... starts out quiet, but no worries

btw2... 4:30 = boom

btw3... 5:15 = BOOM

let me know...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 9th, 2006 · 05:16 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Dude, just checked out your music list and, well, you need to stop writing, there's too many tracks. Anyway, I'd forgotten you did that "Going To Die" track. I love that tune. It's on my MP3.
OOO, your vocals remind of Grove Armada  - At The River.
Actually a lot of this song does.
I'll post a link later when I get home, can't get to the website using the stupidly over protected college server.
Anyhoo.
I love this track, it's a fantastic tune. Really builds at the same time as not actually changing a whole lot, meaning it doesn't lose it's point but doesn't lose it's listener. The chord progression gives the sort of feel I aim for and fail to achieve so many times.
Heh, irony = dead end song called suicide....
Anyway, nice, good strong 80% and I'm whacking it on my MP3 beside "going to die". I should probably download some more of your happier tunes aswell...
KI
#3June 9th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow, man.....how do you DO this stuff? Again, a very-well constructed piece in my opinion. Quite successful in creating a mood. Like the "galloping" rhythms, the "ebb and flow" tides of string instruments, the soft understated vocals.
#4June 9th, 2006 · 09:52 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I love how you blend so many different sounds together, and you do it SO WELL!!!

It's pretty long...but this type of "rhapsody" piece needs to be.  I could almost hear this as the opening music in a Wes Anderson film (and I love Wes Anderson films )

I know the beginning is supposed to be quiet...but it sounded abit muffled too- then got fresh around :18....at first listen I didn't like this, but I might be changing my mind the more I listen.

To echo everyone else, you are very talented.  Professional prospects indeed!!  
#5June 9th, 2006 · 11:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
... what they said,

but you do need a plop killer!

(man, it's really hard to find something to critique on.. your stuff is just so well constructed and produced, though this one isn't doing as much for me as some of your other tunes... gets better with the second "BOOM"... sure I think it's a great album track... but your p's and b's etc. are plopping... so you need a plop screen for your mic... beside that, excellent piece you got on here)

#6June 9th, 2006 · 11:14 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
yes I know...

I didn't know such a thing existed until.. well.. a few minutes before I uploaded this.

thanks anyway
#7June 9th, 2006 · 12:15 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Lithuania
like a soundtrack from a movie. Very good
#8June 9th, 2006 · 09:01 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
        Wow...just... WOW!
#9June 10th, 2006 · 12:07 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
Bouuuuuh!Start quiet but what a sound!!!I like this piece , dont understand the title???Coz  it keeps me alive without thinking of suicide one microsecond.And the end i had an idea of disto guitar flying over the strong base of the chords...
Really i 'll keep this one , excellent work Taka.
#10June 24th, 2006 · 04:01 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
Damn good work  Ben.... I really like this song...Im not one for long songs   but this one didnt play long enough for me..I need to add this one to my playlist...and to think your 17...man....hard to believe....great song Ben....

Ralph
#11December 21st, 2006 · 11:03 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Oh wow. This deffinately makes suicide seem peaceful. But in it's darkest hour, it's really not. Guilt can kind of make it seem a horror.

Pretty awesome. Isn't my kind of genre, but I really listened to the core parts of the song (Some people just don't really do that when they hate a song, and that's why I like some rap music, because I like the music part, not the vocal parts.) And I really like them.

Hmm... Can't vote... See, I knew something like this would happen if I were to install Firefox 2.0.
#12December 22nd, 2006 · 12:41 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
No worries

Thanks for listening. I really appreciate when people look beyond the surface.
#13December 22nd, 2006 · 07:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I get a feeling of Bowie meats Mobi, Bowie is the sinth piano popping a riff, Mobi the scape strings.
But this is simply for my feeble mind go get to grasps with your awesome talent.
You make amazing music, until now I've always heard the hints of something I recognise but then you always take it somewhere completely, your own! 
I would have loved to hear more vocal, in that, if there were a vocal as strong and with such conviction as the music it would be one of those totaly amazing tracks.
And that would make you one of those totaly amazing people who write such totaly amazing tracks! 
#14December 23rd, 2006 · 01:21 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
Dead-End NOT
This isn't no dead in song. I'm into rap but this is something that I will have to jam to by the way nice harmonic vocals. The drum loops are cool aswell and I don't see why you called this a dead-end sound like a new beginning nice work
#15January 1st, 2007 · 10:18 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
well... first knine... i hate double negatives.

second.. great song taka not the usual from you way to venture beyond the horizon 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.