#1June 7th, 2006 · 08:22 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
If This Is It

This song is not in a battle

I think my voice is a bit better now...but guitar playing worse...especially the end part.

This one I think I will actually develop, so any suggestions welcome.

Like more than one drum loop!

(Whoa..as Takaminer has pointed out that the timing is *really* iffy, and i realized that my click track was off enough to be jarring. Hopefully I'll get a better timed version out soon)

Jeff

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 7th, 2006 · 09:02 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
this is a nice one.

couple things I'd change though.

first of all.. yeh, I'd vary up those drums a bit.. maybe layer them..

mm, through the middle the guitar is not in sync with the drums.

also, vocals sound a bit muddy, though there might not be much you can do about that.

as far as the song itself goes... it's a nice song, put together well, could be a bit longer maybe?

looking forward to the developed version
#3June 8th, 2006 · 10:39 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Your song has a nice sound, but I can't really hear the vox - they need to be much louder. 

Timing issues all over the place as mentioned...I personally hate click tracks...I think they're controlled by evil elves who speed them up and slow them down.  A real drummer will play along with you and no one will ever know that your timing if off 

I like this song...keep working on it...make it a bit longer.
#4June 10th, 2006 · 12:06 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
25 posts
United States of America
re: If This Is It
i liked this song although it needed a more powerfull chorus but its nice it needs a bit more work and it could be a great song
#5June 15th, 2006 · 02:02 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like the song
I'd keep working on this song it's pretty good. I had timing issues when I first started recording on computers found out it was Latency (the time it takes the computer to react). This may not be the problem or you may already know how to fix it, but if not try lowering you buffer sizes in you sofware setup while recording. I bring this up only because my first recordings kept sounding like this and it was Latency in the computer
(Drove me nuts till I figured it out).  I like your voice, I get the feeling you could sing this alot better (more feeling). It's still pretty good though.
#6June 15th, 2006 · 01:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah input latency you will need to take care of it... if that's what's going on... it sounds really weird this way. go check out and install a good asio driver right away... for instance ASIO4ALL. Still you might need to manually edit out a few milliseconds of latency afterwards...

anyway, the concept of the song seems pretty good. catchy vocal line, nice chords. not too complex, but nice
#7June 15th, 2006 · 02:38 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OK, latency aside (and I think we've all been there!), this has loads of potential. 
I like your vocal style,
I like the sound of the acoustic guitar "lead"
Strings fit in well
Drums need work to make them more interesting, but you know that.
It's way too short (so it must be good, otherwise I'd think it was too long!)

This needs some variation from the main melody to maintain interest in the song, both in terms of playing and singing....... but I'm pretty sure you can manage that.

It's a musical foetus, that has lots of growing to do - but the building blocks are there for a really nice song.
#8June 15th, 2006 · 06:27 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Thanks so much
This is really encouraging! Latency is a four letter word.

Jeff
#9June 15th, 2006 · 06:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: If This Is It
potentially a great song....................

maybe switch off the click then everyone wouldnt notice the timing dropout as much
from what i hear the guitars stay intime but the machine click will not let you swerve from the beat
this might not be a latency problem cos the beginning is good ................. maybe u r just dragging the solo when u come in.............. Its odd 2 have one bit workin then the other bitnot....................... I dunno?

experiment

splash
#10July 21st, 2006 · 06:40 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
something sweet about your song the click interferes personally i would prefer organic percussion or drums wooden sond box drum  if you could lighten vocal tone maybe female backing vocal 
#11July 21st, 2006 · 07:12 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
the song is a good one Jeff...yes there are some mistakes as far as timing...but, overall the song has potential...and your voice goes well with it....I guess practice is the word...  the word all of us know only too well...keep it going Jeff...

Ralph
#12December 19th, 2006 · 09:45 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
Yes, this is interesting But i think that the guitar from 0:54 and than is hurrying forward and passes the rhythm. But the idea is good.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.