#1June 7th, 2006 · 08:20 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Cold

This song is not in a battle

Here is another we are working on.  Mix is off hope it doesn't sound too bad  on computer speakers.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 7th, 2006 · 08:30 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Hey Newbreed, I agree the mix is off; but this gives the song a strange edge. It's like they're all fighting to be heard. The atmosphere is incredibly intense. Make you see fire and cool Matrix scenes or something. I really like it, it inspires feelings that ive never felt before.
And only because of tyhe mix. Not to say that the actual music doesnt do anything for me. It's good, but the mix is what makes it special for me.
#3June 7th, 2006 · 08:40 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Hey, thanks for the feedback.  We felt alot of intensity writing it, and rather clueless mixing it.
Must have been the taurine.
#4June 7th, 2006 · 08:54 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I really like the guitar that comes in first.

yeh... mix is dippy... song is good though.

too hardcore for me... but recorded beautifully.

great vocals.

ah... quiet... back to that first guitar... thump thump thump thump....

mmhmm.. sounds familiar, heh...

good work.
#5June 8th, 2006 · 10:17 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I really like this.  Your vocals are good, and I like the tonal quality to your voice.

I like the sounds of the instruments.  Yeah, the mix could use some work, but this is a great song, and that comes through.  Great Job! 
#6September 5th, 2006 · 12:37 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Here are the lyrics
Beneath these crashing waves

I get the gist of things

.....and I hope and pray.

Oh, what if tomorrow brings......

.....in the impending sense that all is not well,

......exactly what, I can't tell...no I can't tell

Is this the same breeze that blew through your golden hair
with perfume scent of springtime air?

Laura , please don't stop whispering to me!

Back the jib and reef the main........
.......don't forget you knew my name.

Laura please.....don't stop whispering.

.......and when the sails begin to tear
 and when the sails begin to tear,
and the sails begin to tear.

Laura please don't stop whispering to me

My dearest Laura,
 there are a thousand words upon my tongue
 that I know that will never grace your ear.
My heart aches beyond what I can bear ,and what I fear beyond all other fears is to fade into the deep into a place without your voice.  Its so cold.....I am sorry......

......its just so cold.

#7September 5th, 2006 · 02:35 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Love the intro guitar riff, and I have to agree with Oldies about the 'fighting for control', and it sounds good for it I think.  It is a very strange effect to listen to, but I like it.  Definatley try and remember how you got it in your mix because that could be a useful element to characterize future songs with.  Im also liking those panned voices at the 2:30ish mark, very eerie.
#8September 5th, 2006 · 08:00 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
enlightning composition
very cool glissando opening to this one. afterwards it is absolute enlightning and moving rock. the male singer is highly experienced and he has this authority in his voice. this song is definitely uplifting when being on the road, travelling. i like the guitars, mellody and the up-beat harsh parts. It is astonishing how clean the mixing is. The singing is outstanding. Overall it is a tremendous piece of contemporary acoustic rock.
#9September 5th, 2006 · 11:42 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
love every bit of it, awsome job you did well keep it going, the mix didnt bother me one bit and vocals are beautiful, and unlike taka over there i injoy hard core this was pritty awsome extreamly high vote and i add to my playlist cookie for you then *hands new breed a cookie for makeing a tasty song for her to injoy over and over agin on the amp*

pa0p0 the doll of paper sorts
#10December 19th, 2006 · 09:55 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
the emotion of the whole song is lovely! Anger, pain.. I love it! You have my vote:)
#11December 19th, 2006 · 07:24 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Thank you for the kind feedback, we improved the mix a little and resubmitted it under the name cold 2 as well.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.