#1June 7th, 2006 · 07:53 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Gratifier

This song is not in a battle

I bought me a new guitar, and this tune spilled out of messing around. It's a sketch I'd say, so any ideas for making it an actual song are most welcome. I'm in the process of trying to be able to actually sing, sooooo :-)

It was funny buying this guitar, because it came with Elixer Mediums, and (a) I was slipping off the strings and (b) I'd been using lights, so you can hear some real mistakes, but I actually started to like the slight off-timing, like two drunk buddies trying to play the same riff.

I also figured out how to do automation in Ableton accidentally, which worked out okay for the wah-wah. I was running a crappy tele through the Guitar Rig Gratifier for the 'solo' and was pretty impressed with the sound. But, hey, I'm new to actually recording...

The lyrics are nothing, if you can even hear 'em!

Cheers,

Jeff

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 7th, 2006 · 08:13 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
ah nice.

haha.. yes, the off timing is actually cool. weird... never experienced that before...

ok... I'll have to contact you about the automation in ableton.

anyway...

nice recording. sounds good quality.

it's got a nice feel to it... just kinda rides along... love that riff.

vox could be a bit louder.

might you think about panning guitars a bit more? might bring out the other instruments better.

otherwise, I like this a lot.
#3June 7th, 2006 · 08:28 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
You made my day!
I finally got up the courage to put some stuff up, and you're the first comment ever, and I really appreciate it. Thanks, I'll work on the panning!

Jeff
#4June 8th, 2006 · 01:08 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
well with your instrument
you always get better tone with an electric with heavier gauge strings they are more full, It doesn't seem to matter much about gauge if your going to over process the sound.  Be carefull with going to high of gauge  it could significantly change the set up and yes by putting a set of differnt strings on your guitar will change the set up.
#5June 8th, 2006 · 08:32 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Definetly work this into somethin
I like the main guitar riff, It's very catchy and has a good feel to it. If it was me I'd set up some kinda song theme, build some parts to it, get some help from some of the bass and drum gurus on band amp.This has alot of potential.
#6March 14th, 2007 · 11:48 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Nice song man. I think it could have been longer for sure, at around 1:30, I think it would sound great if you had someone play bongos, or jimbay's or something, and then build it back up, like you do at around 00:30. Great song man.
#7March 15th, 2007 · 09:06 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
bit work on vocals and on the mix and then it should be a great song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.