#1June 5th, 2006 · 10:05 AM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
BEER!

This song is not in a battle

Haha

Ok this is a bit a crappy punk song with some midi drums...

Except for far too heavy compression I didn't do any mixing with this one..

Just had a blast making this song..that's what's counts in my opinion..

Please give it a go...it only takes 1 min.!! (took me 15 min. to make the whole song )

Greetings

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I WANT BEER TOO!

Good job considering how long it took you to make.  I'd like to hear it with a bit more work put into it...but this genre of music does lend itself to a raw sound.  Timing seems a bit off in places, but that doesn't hinder my enjoyment of it.

What fun!!!
#3June 5th, 2006 · 02:08 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
heh... we want beer, beer, beer....

This is funny.

It does sound like you had fun... and that is what counts...

Hey, with real drums/samples or something, this would sound really nice. The guitars sound just right, which makes it for me.

good work.
#4June 5th, 2006 · 02:11 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
My hero
no tv no beer make luthier go something something......

crazy....'

dont mind if i do
#5June 5th, 2006 · 04:17 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
great fun tune, but the drums sound ummm can't quite place it. Boingy. Interestin effect on the drums, maybe fill it out with more bass tones cuz there' a little tiny. but it's fun and to the point, don't we all love beer!!!! I once wrote an ode to beer myself =)
#6June 6th, 2006 · 02:30 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
'that was fun fun fun..

make an album of songs like these..
#7June 6th, 2006 · 04:59 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
beer is good, even if you take em from my fridge

yay, would love to hear more spunk (agression) in the vocals, but the tune itself is really nice!

fun song sure!
#8June 6th, 2006 · 08:00 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
WAY COOL
ME LIKES!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!                  

ME LIKES!!!!!!!!  

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

BEER BEER BEER!!!!!!!

Jim K              
#9July 17th, 2006 · 08:37 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Im thirsty
Cool song Bob    how have you been anyhooo....

Ralph
#10September 24th, 2006 · 09:52 AM
20 posts
United States of America
lets drink!
#11February 15th, 2007 · 02:44 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I like the song but it does need a better drum sound and the mix sounds muffled a bit.Other than that it sounds like fun party song specially for live shows in a bar.I personally don't enjoy glorifying any substance other than what I naturally poses in my head but I sure did in my early 20's so I see this music maybe been for more that age group.Obviously this is just my opinion!
#12March 21st, 2007 · 10:12 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
not me..
I spent many a night managing a club in nashville named Cantrells.. we saw tons of bands through there such as "Black Flag" half a dozen times before he got smart and reformed as the Henry Rollins Orchestra, the Brian Seltzer Orchestra maybe 14 or fifteen times before Stray Cats Strut hit...  Walk the Wisp, Tony Dow, Smashing Pumpkins, etc etc etc..  I would have to say this one was very reminiscent of those days.. and maybe even the better of most!!! yes I would at least give it that much because it has much happier lyrics that are even understandable...  but I just got burned out bad on that style of punk..  believe me a 25% is a decent score from me.. kinda like the college prof. that gives someone a c- for style and effort... 
 There was a band that I really can't remember the name of.. wish I could.. they were an all girl band that called themselves "cow punk" for cowboy punkers.. they wore ballet dresses, cowboy hats and boots..  
they had a style that stood out alone just like this song does.. it's similar to the canned styles of all of the circuit bands in that era.. (1981 - 1984)  mostly college circuit but not really confined to that.. as we saw all kinds come through there.. but you catch the drift by the styles mentioned above... after spending so much time having to dress in flannels, cowboy boots and hats then change the next weekend to leather spiked gauntlets, chaps, combat boots and skull caps every other week my own self and do bear stinking roach stomping hillbilly to ripping speed thrash wanna be metal till I had nose bleeds, I could only continue to borrow a line I tagged from an old episode of Miami Vice... where Crocket was talking to an iggy pop type punker when it said "Refried Jimmy Hendrix Music done twice as fast and only half as good".. well all I can say is at least this style of music was refreshing compared to that and alot of the speed and thrash my own son listens to or the thump thump rap and rip off sampled stuff my daughter wants to listen to.. with my history as thick, deeply enriched in southern rock, bluegrass and southern gospel as it was, It totally alludes me as to how they could even want to listen to what they seem to want to listen to..  oh well, each generation has it's own.. but I notice that some of it really is anthropy!!

blessings,

Dan

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.