#1June 3rd, 2006 · 08:47 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
Warmth

This song is not in a battle

This is track 9 on TightSqueeze's "Anaconda" experimental MIDI music. It was sitting around and fiddling for hours, and most everything is one-take jam sessions.
Note the drummer from DPMB. Cover pic with the snake was the album cover.

It was recorded in 2001 in Cakewalk. It's not perfect, but it's the second band (tho we were a duo)  I've done keys for, apparently keys player are hard to find.

I know the imperfections of the vocals, but it was some time ago, and was intended to be experimental...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 4th, 2006 · 05:31 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Writing while listening

intro makes an interesting mood. where stops the intro?
Some would it call noodle

I would it call:
huge background ... no... huge part of/for ie. performance events like they are done in theaters for dance performances or so.

I can see a dark blue stage and dancers represent a story in front of a movie.

ok I didnt smoke sth
#3June 5th, 2006 · 01:27 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
You're right...
I used this as a way to teach my voice how to identify notes, like an interval game, tho not always successful. The point was to be as odd as possible. All of anaconda comes off like an indie film project soundtrack...oh, check out Thunder, it's pretty wild too...tHAT was fun to play, you'll have to come by and see why.
#4June 11th, 2006 · 10:18 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
This is interesting.

Drums have a bit of an "african" twist to it. Very nice feel. Yet, the vocals on top make it sound very... don't know a word to descrive the depressed - lost feeling, a bit like the theme of the Terminator movies. Sorry to sound so "down to earth" with the description, but I can hardly find a good description. Yet, I like it a lot! this must be fun to sing and to experiment with, especially when it results in something like this!

See ya.
#5June 11th, 2006 · 04:40 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
performance art... I'd go for that with this kind of music... massive light show.. .lots of smoke machines... pulsating vibrant strobes, bodypaint and piercings...

or maybe modern opera... vikings gone psychedelic... who could tell... but the music IS interesting....
#6June 24th, 2006 · 12:55 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OK Puppet, calm down with the imagery!!

Pretty well recorded, and actually not bad in the construction considering you just pieced together jam sessions - the drums give it a common theme throughout.

This is a really interesting bit of work - it does conjure up a sort of tribal image, especially with the drums.

I enjoyed listening

(Body paint and piercings, honestly )
#7June 25th, 2006 · 11:12 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
total stoner music
Just fun to play with music like this.
#8September 15th, 2006 · 07:03 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Just one word-Wonderful!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 8:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.