#1June 3rd, 2006 · 06:36 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Steal Away

This song is not in a battle

This is an orchestral arrangement of an old spiritual melody that I've had a thing about for years. I did this recording just to get it off my chest really.
It weighs in at around 7 mins so, if you don't like it, there's plenty time to make a cup of tea.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 3rd, 2006 · 08:45 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
wow... how did you make this?

this is amazing...

I was brought up around classical music. it's nice to see some here on bandamp.

I'd love to know what you used to create this... might be sending you a pm.

very nice.
#3June 3rd, 2006 · 09:10 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for that. I used a Yamaha Clavinova for the piano part. The rest of the orchestra came from my Garritan Personal Orchestra VST plugin. Instrument dynamics were done with the mod wheel on my Korg Triton and the whole thing sequenced in Cubase SX. Oh, and the strings were filled out with a Triton 'analogue' string patch. Orchestrally speaking, a bit of a cheat now I come to think of it
#4June 3rd, 2006 · 11:05 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
ah... No need for a pm then. That was everything I wanted to know.

Very nice.

Thanks
#5June 4th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
beautiful, beautiful!

I really enjoy a good classical piece, and this qualifies as one. this could perfectly fit to a movie of some sorts. The orchestration sounds very realistic... Isn't it lovely that doing this from behind a cpu screen is possible nowadays...

ofcourse real instruments would make this sound even better (because of the acoustic liveliness) but as far as midi-ing orchestration goes, this one is top quality.

Really nice to have some classical music here. Thanks for uploading
#6June 5th, 2006 · 10:57 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
This is lovely.  I made my cup of tea first so I wouldn't miss any of this!  It is so great to hear something like this on bandamp.  Can't wait to hear more from you 
#7June 5th, 2006 · 12:22 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i have to continue the praise

if i wouldn't have read it was midi, i'd never thought of it caused by the music, only maybe in the silences.., it is to silent for a real orchestra...

but as i do know, i find my self searchin for the real instruments expression which would be greater if.., kinda distracts me from listening to the tune..

I think it is a great piece of music and very well played, but one can expect that i think

ok , i don't listen to classical music that much.., yet i like to in times.., like now...3th time already, goin to my playlist, will be voted high.., want more... 

still, if this gets played by a real orchestra once, record it !!! and let me know please !
#8November 30th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
10 posts
Portugal
Oh my, what a beautiful production! I fell head over heels with this one. I love classical music, and this is just terrific. It's so calm, I could listen to it all day. Very conforting. Trully, I lack of words to explain what I feel about this song. Fantastic!
#9December 2nd, 2009 · 11:43 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
I think this is a good song for a play. The ones where you have dancers dancing to the music for added tone and story line.

Good job!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.