#1June 3rd, 2006 · 09:21 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Before the Battle

This song is not in a battle

Short excerpt of music from a film on Sihk warriors. This piece is supposed to create the tension before the battle and follow the first bloody onslaught. Nice

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 3rd, 2006 · 10:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Well done! Well done!

I like orchestral instruments and in this piece they are placed very well.
#3June 3rd, 2006 · 10:55 AM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Is this really yours? :S

Sounds very professional!
#4June 3rd, 2006 · 12:14 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
It's not professional in that I never got paid for it It was written for a prog that was pitched at the History Channel but never made it. I think it ended up being sold in the souvenir shop at the National Armoury in Leeds (uk).
I'd like to say that the vocals are original but I cannot tell a lie - they come from an Indian sample CD given to me by the producers. They had to translate each excerpt to make sure the words weren't inappropriate for the segment (don't want a love song when going into battle)
#5June 3rd, 2006 · 12:20 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
well, it sounds very professional to me, and i like the tune , love it when the synths building up,  the cymbals makes nice atmospheres,great!

what did u make this epic piece on? software or hardware? just curious..
#6June 3rd, 2006 · 12:31 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your kind words. I sequenced this in Cubase on my pc. My Triton keyboard provided all the synth parts and the toms and I used Gigastudio for all the percussion samples.
#7June 3rd, 2006 · 12:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America

Ok...  THis is awesome... I love this kind of stuff.. I have really gotten into ambiance, and soundtrack type stuff... this is really well done... bravo...

Jim K

#8June 3rd, 2006 · 09:10 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Nice! vocals sound  a bit like Deep Forest... too new age for my taste, but considering this was intended as a soundtrack, it's a positive thing.

Sometimes it sounds too MIDI, maybe some real instruments recording and this would be really good.
#9June 3rd, 2006 · 09:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Keyboard Players : Ha
It's you keyboard players that have all the brains and talent. It would take me forever to figure out how to do this ( I can't even get my usb to  midi to work LoL). This is excellent.
You have the skill and knowledge that's for sure.  Love the soundscape, great separation
The build to up to the climax is real good.  This I like alot. I'm a Fan.
#10June 3rd, 2006 · 10:07 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Don't know about brains and talent but I do know that it's the guitarists who get all the girls
And as for usb to midi? My Midisport 2x2 has never worked properly. Technically it's a 2x1.
Carl
#11June 4th, 2006 · 02:33 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
wow... this is really cool.

I'm feelin it.

Keep these coming, I really like this one.

Only thing I'd change, is to maybe pan the percussion a bit more... it all sounds a bit mono.

production sounds great.

good work.
#12June 4th, 2006 · 09:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Great great stuff!! I wonder why you uploaded that cheesy 80s tune while you've got tons of style in you... hehe I know, a showcase of your repertoire...

Well cool stuff... right into the itunes lib...

#13June 4th, 2006 · 10:13 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Just my sense of humour really. I thought the cheesy stuff would go down far worse than it did. Everyone is too nice here, I suppose. But no, I'm not really a songwriter (haven't written one in around 10 years) because they all come out sounding like ELO after they went rubbish.
#14June 5th, 2006 · 04:30 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
what IS the english translation of the words??? just curious.  I did enjoy the piece, i could see it would work well with visuals, especially after seeing Jim's pics lol!
#15June 6th, 2006 · 05:28 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
All I know is that the Sihk producers said the words would be good for anything to do with battles. The words are in Panjabi which is not a language I'm over-familiar with apart from a few swear words that I learned when I had Sihk pupils in my class some years ago
And, yes, Jim's pics capture the mood really well in fact I seem to recall some very similar ones being used as cutaways in the film.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.